Subject Author Posted Replies

Emergency Ward 10
I've been watching a 50 year-old episode of this programme. The acting and production are far superior to any modern programme. Good clear dialogue, good acting, no wobbly cameras, correct focussing,...
30
30

OT Cultural enrichment yet again,
Coming to a place near you. Police believe the victim, named only as Rokstan M, 20, was stabbed to death by her father and brothers in Dessau in the twisted logic that she had brought disgrace on her...

Re: OT Stoptober
It's funny, both my wives (one at a time) smoked when I met them (even though I was a non-smoker) and both gave up just_like_that when we knew we were becoming an item. My Dad smoked the odd cigar...
12
12

AAA battery storage
Anyone got a source for (inexpensive) cases to hold AAA batteries. I would prefer something specifically designed for AAA rather than one that also holds AAs and lets the AAAs rattle around.
20
20

Stainless steel splashback stains
I installed a stainless steel splashback ( around six years ago and it's suddenly started to show what look like rust marks. What's the best way to get it back to how it was?
6
6

bathroom floorboard dilemma
Hello, There were floorboards missing from under my bath and a few of the other floorboards had been hacked by the previous owner, so I want to get new floorboards. I'm undecided whether to just get...
12
12

600W 2-stroke generator
Hello, I bought one of these on a whim when it was in a sale a couple of years ago. I've never used it properly but on the advice of people here, I would run it with a load every now and again to make...
46
46

VW emissions stuff
I've seen a fair bit on this ng about the recent VW farrago. They have put their hands up, but had little option imo. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this doesn't eventually bring the company down....
6
6

Genset Battery
So you have a small open frame genset with 12 V electric start. Said genset has a 12 V battery charging abilty. Would you expect it to charge its own battery when running?
12
12

Animal shelter advice
I was hoping you could give me some advice. I have noticed for sometime the re are many feral stray cats roaming around my area. My neighbour who lives a field away killed a cat with antifreeze. He is...
8
8

Corrugated roofing sheets
Good evening folks, perhaps I am being lazy but Google is not my friend tonight. A friend wants to extend the roof of her horse stable rearwards. Stable is
6
6

OT: Wind power now cheapest energy in GB & DE
I'm posting this here as I know there a few people on this ng with knowledge of this topic. This sounds like renewables are making big inroads, but is it as good as it sounds? I don't have any axe to...
7
7

Boiler de jour
What's the uk.diy recommendation for combi boilers these days? Replacing a stupid French thing (Britony SE) that keeps randomly locking out on PCB errors. I replaced the PCB and it did about 8 months...
13
13

In the clear
It would seem that our 13 reg Golf tdi Bluemotion is in the clear. A bit surprised by that to be honest. Maybe it's the higher powered variants that are affected? Tim
18
18

Typical B&Q
'When he was there buying the saw he queried the price he was being charged for it as it didn't correspond with the price on the display,' Mr Mousley said. The 16-year-old's disappearance in February...
3
3