Subject Author Posted Replies

Time for DIY
I'm surprised that some of you have time to DIY judging by the number of posts to this group many of you make.
22
22

iPhone help needed
Do we have any iPhone experts among us that can help me out? I have just upgraded to a 6s and iTunes refuses to transfer my ring tones from the old 5s. They transferred perfectly from the 4s to the 5s...
6
6

Restore small tarmac area?
Our drive is mostly paving slabs, but there is a small tarmacked are at the end near the road that is looking rather tired, although there are no actu al holes. It's too small, I think, to expect a...
26
26

Circuit debugging
After an unrelated problem with my hot water, I spotted that the immersion heaters in my pressurised hot water cylinder have no voltage going to them. I'm guessing that explains why the hot water...
20
20

Names for parts of a house
Hi Does anyone have a link to a website that lists all the little parts of a house and the materials used in its construction? e.g. I don't know the difference between beams, rafters, joists, gables,...
29
29

Replacement drawer liner
Hi, I have a spare one of these which I intend to use to replace a plastic drawer liner that has disintegra ted after 20 years of service. Can any advise me: What material should I use for the base...
5
5

toilet waste pipe question
In the image link the current waste appears to be messy, it uses a flexi pipe bent round to 90% and then to the soil stack. The inset shows what I think would be better which is a solid 90% bend and...
9
9

Colour matching is a ripoff
If you take an item to colour match in B&Q, the computer selects from one of 200 or whatever it is colours. NOT infinite colours. So you might aswell get it for half the price and just select from the...
25
25

A very quick furniture project
I have not had much chance to get out into the workshop much lately, but did get a couple of days over the Christmas break. So another shelving and storage project for those that like that sort of...
10
10

OT have a live chat with Rod Speed
Talk to Woders Chat with the Sensation Bot - a strange little chat with a strange little guy. Chats rated family/G to adult/18+.
1
1

Behaviour of induction motor under varying load
Since this seemed to be a question causing some disagreement, I thought it might be fun to inject some actual data into the discussion... So I plugged my Delta unisaw into my el cheapo power meter and...
9
9

The K Key, NYR
New Years Resolution. I must use the K Key....
3
3

MotoG Virginmedia Three
I have a problem with my MotoG phone constantly dropping the home wi-fi connection, and mostly not telling me. I have an app (WiFiReconnect), but I'm still not reliably receiving WhatsApp messages...
16
16

Acctim alarm clock
I've recently inherited an Acctim 71243 radio controlled alarm clock like this one . But it's display is absurdly dim, even in a darkened room. Reading on the Internet, I see it has a blue plasma LED...
11
11

Leaky wall?
Today I discovered a damp patch had appeared on an interior painted wall. The patch is about 2ft across and half way between floor and ceiling, in a bungalow. In the roof space I can't easily get...
2
2