Subject Author Posted Replies

Wiring and plumbing comfort...
I needed to change LV lighting "transformer" earlier. After having spent 15 rather uncomfortable minutes laying down, propped up on an elbow in a cramped eves cupboard with low headroom trying not to...
23
23

OT (not politics) - unusual names for DIY items
Picked up from a link in another thread. x-60-x-30cm-1382032 I am now wondering why you need to bath a faithful plasterer (but not the irresponsible kind that seem to be all too common these days)....
3
3

OT He just gets dafter
In message , ARW writes Some people are too stupid for this life. I remember, 30 years ago, going an an organised one day pis^H^trip to France by coach, with a gang of pals. We're approaching Dover...
26
26

Blue water in Brum a bad sign ...
Could be wrong but I though back-syphonage protection had been legislated and built into filling valves for years. There's no requirement to change old valves though. It's not hard to stop back...
31
31

Where can I obtain a new washer for garden pressure sprayer?
Have a look at this garden pressure sprayer for plants: and the washer or seal in the bottom of the pump tube: The washer shown is in good condition, but I have a larger sprayer to eactly the same...
13
13

Cleaning solar panels
Just been told that research - as yet unpublished - shows panels should be cleaned regularly, at night, and while it is raining or with a hosepipe spraying the roof. Doesn't affect me but a heads up...
21
21

Fridge-Freezer Problems
Our frost-free auto-defrost Zanussi (Electrolux) ZNB 3240 Fridge-Freezer wasn't hitting the right temperatures in this warm weather and so I raised the thermostat dial which resulted in the upper...
26
26

Burglar alarm PIR recommendations
I need to buy a couple of burglar alarm PIRs for use in a lounge and another room. We don't have any animals, well not at the moment anyway. Any recommendations as to what to buy?
2
2

Ping Dave Liquorice: TPO
if you can get a good "3" signal try a Free mobile operator ( ok it costs 99p to join) https://uk.freedompop.com
10
10

Any interest in and old boiler PCB
Neighbour has just had a boiler PCB replaced. It has had an intermittent fault and the "engineer" has just replaced it. No sign of burning or dry joints. Does anyone know if any "rebuilder" would want...
3
3

Netvibes
Netvibes has got flaky lately. Any recommendations for am alternative ?
6
6

OT - Fascia and Soffit Suppliers E Yorks
Hi all Tried to post this last night, so apologies if it appears twice, but I am looking for suppliers and installers of uPVC fascias, soffits and guttering in the Hull area. Never was too good with...
3
3

Phew - smelly
I decided (for no particular reason other than I was cleaning the plinth) to remove the pump outlet trap on our Indesit washer. The small was awefull - inside were 2 Euros from a previous holiday. I...
1
1

Non-stickYellow tape!
Well not exactly, but a while ago I bought some wide yellow tape that sticks to things - but can be easily peeled off again. I can't recall I got it from - anyone know the proper name for this such...
7
7

What is going on at Dover and chunnel?
...and it just said on the radio, only one French border control booth is currently manned due to staff shortages.
28
28