OT - Fascia and Soffit Suppliers E Yorks

Hi all

Tried to post this last night, so apologies if it appears twice, but I am looking for suppliers and installers of uPVC fascias, soffits and guttering in the Hull area.

Never was too good with heights, so the most I manage these days is accessing the alarm bell box.

I am not interested in enagaging a door-to-door leafleter, or a no-name-on-the-van-just-a-mobile-number type outfit. So I will pay a reasonable premium for an established company with good reputation.

Anyone got personal recommendations for such companies please?

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

If you can, also establish a good guide price for the work before getting quotes. Although not in your area (SE Essex) my mother had her guttering and fasia/soffit on a 3 bed semi-detached house done for around £1500* - this was 12/18 months ago. This was from a small local family run firm that came by recommendation. They quoted one price with no hard sell afterwards. Job completed in one day - two men + the boss for a third of a day.

One quote from one of the bigger operators was closer to £5000 which they kept reducing down to around £2000 on the daily calls afterwards. The third quote also from one of the large operators was around £2500 but was rejected on the day because of the bullshit sales method including the phone call back to the boss for that extra discount.

*My mother's brother is in the trade and he said that in Liverpool he would have quoted around £1200 but he expected the SE of the country to be more expensive :)
Reply to
alan_m

Thanks Alan

Some useful hints/reminders there on dealing with "the trades".

I have had leaflets pushed through with quotes around £1250-£1400, but they obviously haven't seen the poor access round back.

This is to the West of Hull where prices do tend to be higher than within the city boundary.

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

Try asking at the plastic extrusion suppliers near Wyndsors shoes on Hessle Road. They will know who's in the trade and may be able to suggest on or two of the better candidates.

Reply to
Cynic