Over Fascia or Soffit Vents?

Pros and Cons of these? Originally, the design said soffit vents. One builder suggested that these get dirty (I must confess having seen dirty holy soffits) and recommended over fascia vents. Any comments on the over fascia variety?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

They will probably get dirty or blocked in both positions. At least on the soffit you can clean them, whereas if vents behind gutters could be difficult. I would go for continuous vent along back edge of soffit. (min. 1000 sq mm per metre run, I think). Avoid the round ones, need to be at about 150 mm c/c to suit building regs.

Reply to
4square

Continuous over fascia vents are much better .. give effective vent are reqd by Building regs .., if you buy the type with felt tray, it also prevents sagging felt at first row of felt .. and avoids need for tilting filets.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes