Subject Author Posted Replies

Open (vented) gas fires and flues
I have a relative who has lived in the same house since childhood. The house has no central heating but has several open (as in vented - rather than room sealed) gas fires. The fires are not serviced...
6
6

Beeping android
Treated SWMBO and my phones to an identical micro-USB wireless charging adapter and 2 identical wireless charging points. Mine is flawless. Couldn't be more happy and it allows me to use the wireless...

Magnaclean
An 'engineer' was fixing our boiler at work, he reckons CH installations should have Magnaclean filters on them. I'd always thought they were snake oil, opinions please, if there's genuine benefit to...
20
20

None stick pans
I tried several suggested fixes I found online, for the grey coated supposed 'none-stick' omelette pan, which appeared perfect, but constantly had food stick to it. Nothing I tried worked, so I have...
6
6

witter everywhere
to all those with burst pipes.......... imagine you had nice cheap energy costs via UK sourced fossil fuels imagine you had been paying attention to who governs you instead of sitting on your samsung...
11
11

cutting metal sheet with angle grinder
Any suggestions for a novice idiot's guide please? I've 115mm and 230mm but only ever used them to wreck metal. I want now to cut some mild steel and am failing miserably to get straight lines and...
10
10

The Five-Year Engineering Feat Germany Pulled Off in Months
The Five-Year Engineering Feat Germany Pulled Off in Months By Georgi Kantchev, Dec. 8, 2022, WSJ WILHELMSHAVEN, Germany—In March, the German government asked energy companies to weigh a seemingly...
2
2

Got the new van back - how many miles before it was crashed into?
The breakdown was actually part of a Peugeot recall and cost work nothing to fix. So this weeks quiz is how many miles did I manage to drive after getting the keys back until someone managed to drive...
15
15

Re: Buy Self Defense ammunition Glock guns USA & Canada -Buy Glock 17 Gen5 9mm - Pistol Glock 19 Gen5 for sale -Buy Handguns,Pistols,Body Armor, Ak-47 & Ak-74, Tactical Rifles -Buy Firearms Dealers, Buy Firearms Shop Online -Glock Guns for Sale Onlin (2023 Update)
Greetings! im martin fenin, I thought of reaching out to you as my website has a lot of information and products for people looking to find the right Ak 47 PISTOL MINI DRACO and DRACO. Could you...
1
1

Insulating Wire Ends
I have replaced an old wall thermostat with Honeywell TR 3 (on excellent advice from this group) which works brilliantly. It is a simple on-off switch and I have a spare neutral and earth in the...
14
14

Damage to sandstone
I live in a sandstone tenement block. Outside one of my windows the sandstone has started to crumble. (This is a mutual repair that will require the consent of a majority of the owners with legal...
20
20

OT: I've never needed parking sensors
We got a newer car a couple of years ago, it has parking sensors. Today I was in our older car, I was turning around using a familiar alleyway looking in the rear view mirror as I went backwards. I...
54
54

Android emulator for laptop - jut to run Alexa
I'm looking for a small, quick to load emulator, just able to run Alexa on my laptop, has anyone got a suitable suggestion please? I have previously used Bluestacks, but weirdly it suggests it cannot...
8
8

Vaillant Boiler not starting
My Vaillant Ecotec Plus 637 boiler wouldn't start this morning - error message saying something like "Water shortage at pump", though the pressure reading was OK.
6
6

Boilers and Weather Compensation (2023 Update)
Would it be accurate to say, in general, that weather compensation on condensing boilers lowers flow temperature as outside temperatures rise? I ask partly because my boiler's weather compensation has...
23
23