Android emulator for laptop - jut to run Alexa

I'm looking for a small, quick to load emulator, just able to run Alexa on my laptop, has anyone got a suitable suggestion please?

I have previously used Bluestacks, but weirdly it suggests it cannot now run Alexa.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

My new laptop came with a Windows Alexa app pre-installed ... just in case you weren't aware that's an option?

Reply to
Andy Burns

So when you shout at the laptop in frustration now it might actually do something?! :-)

Reply to
Chris Green

Siri just says something like "I won't respond to that"

When you tell Alexa to get f***ed, she just says "hmm, I don't know that"

When you tell google to get f***ed, she just says "thats not good, you can try sending feedback"

Reply to
chop

My systems a Win10, it has all that is needed for Win11, apart from it needed to be fudged to accept the upgrade. Only Win11 supports Alexa, or so I thought?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Possibly, but I wanted on my laptop, to be better able to set up the 'routines'.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

I have Alexa on several Win10 laptops. Its not as functional as the android app though...

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

No, Win10 is supported

Andy Burns

I managed to download it on my second laptop, and as David (above) suggests, it lacks the functionality of the Android version. I could not see any way to setup, edit or write 'routines' - the main reason I want it on Win10.

I have now tried Bluestacks on both laptops, and both complain that Alexa is not compatible with either the Bluestacks, or the laptops- not clear which. Strange because I have had them working fine on the systems before.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq