None stick pans

I tried several suggested fixes I found online, for the grey coated supposed 'none-stick' omelette pan, which appeared perfect, but constantly had food stick to it. Nothing I tried worked, so I have given up on it. That was an 'Hairy Bikers' pan, it didn't survive long.

I already had a couple of larger pans, of a type with a speckeled none-stick finish, and as those had never had a problem with food sticking, I thought to look out for a similar finish on a smaller pan suitable for omelettes - today, I picked up a Salter Megastone none-stick, with which it is suggested to be OK to use metal implements. With a 10 year guarantee.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

We haven't had a non-stick pan (i.e. something with Teflon coating) for

20 years. We bought some copper cored stainless steel pans 22 years ago and they're still perfect. The frying pans get seasoned with oil to smoking point and then allowed to cool. Excess oil is wiped off and they're non-stick for ages. Clean with only hot water and a nylon scourer. Eventually they get cleaned with washing up liquid and very hot water and re-seasoned. No need to ingest micro particles of "always" chemicals.
Reply to
mm0fmf

Will you though? I never would.

Reply to
R D S

Not a chance, no. I recently bought a new plastic 'flipper', which is edged with soft silicon rubber from Lidl, it seems to work as well as a metal version.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

flish slice

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

I’m a fan of Le Creuset pans. There non-stick seems to last but you can still damage it if you use metal utensils. We had one which failed after a five years (not due to metal tools) and they replaced it- I think the warranty is 25 y or life.

I also have a Procook ‘granite’ Wok. I’ve only had it a year or two but it is excellent. It seems very tough. They are much cheaper than Le Creuset. I think they do an omelette pan. Procook certainly do a 20cm “conventional” non-stick pan, I have one in the Motorhome. It is excellent.

Someone bought me a ‘copper’ non-stick pan - one of those advertised on the TV a few years back. From memory, it was claimed they didn’t need oil. Hmm. With oil, it is very good - not least as it is large and square so, when cooking breakfast out side on holiday etc, I can almost fit most of the breakfast for two in one pan.

Reply to
Brian

They make every cooking job harder work for no reason, and if you want enamelled cast iron everyone else does the same thing for far less.

Reply to
Animal