Subject Author Posted Replies

mitre saw braking
I have a cheap (Cromwell Tools own-brand) mitre saw, used it recently and realised that the self-braking is no longer functioning, in general how do these operate - mechanical, or electrical e.g....
1
1

Are 90 degree soil waste bends available?
I ordered a 110mm waste bend off eBay which was advertised as 90 degree, which is what I want, but got sent a standard 92.5 degree bend. So does a 90 degree bend in waste fittings like this even...
16
16

smoke detector
Does anyone know if it is possible to renew the battery in the FireAngel WST-630 smoke detector? I have taken the battery out and thank that I could solder a replacement in provided it was the correct...
19
19

O.T. electric cars - do they have gearboxes?
Well, assuming by "Kelvins" you meant Degrees Kelvin and by "degrees" you meant degrees Celcius, they are! If the standard atmospheric pressure had been a higher value than it's currently assumed,...
141
141

Laser printers bugger you up?
Or at least the toner does. Ultrafine particle - Wikipedia
44
44

Getting clean interference free power
Is there anything filter wise I could do so that all the clutter from a house is not added to a long cable to a small garden building to help me get better radio reception while away from the nearest...
15
15

Underground services
I'm starting to plan for re-running power to my workshop, which is some 35 metres from the house. This is being driven by the fact that all the electricity in there is hung off a single 13A switched...
67
67

Armoured cable acceptable installation
I've been investigating an intermittent RCD trip on 120 meters of armoured cable supplying an electric gate. Was it ever acceptable to just lay it on the surface of the ground, albeit at the base of a...
3
3

Fridge Query
Years ago if you looked at the back of a fridge you'd see the condenser coils. When I was looking for a new fridge recently I noticed that most models have the back covered with a sheet of what looks...
10
10

Skirting-mounted sockets
I have to prepare a relative's property for sale, and anticipate the absence of any paperwork for wiring may raise some eyebrows. None of the wiring is older than 1985, bonding looks thorough, and the...
42
42

Screwfix LAP 20mm Decking lights
Hi. I have bought some LED decking lights from screwfix. Box says LAP so I assume they are the manufacture. Problem is some cables don't have enough reach and I need to buy an extension cable. Does...
1
1

PIR troubles
Since I installed a CCTV camera above a PIR (the only one on the Entry zone) the alarm refuses to set. It sounds the usual setting tone and then the Entry zone LED comes on and it alarms. Could there...
37
37

A sprayer that can be used to spray fences and more
I dug out my Ronseal fence sprayer yesterday only to find out that it didn't work. I took the mechanism apart and found it to be very clean inside but even with new batteries the motor appears to turn...
14
14

Source for SHORT White Polytop Pins ?
I need some short white plastic headed Polytop pins - preferably stainless to fix thin cladding onto 18 mm OSB, so ideally 15 mm long max. Shortest that I can find are 25 mm. This sort of thing but...
3
3

Need help with Hive
I have just installed Hive and after some messing around managed to get eve rything talking to each other. The only problem is the boiler will not fire , the receiver is showing all green lights...
5
5