Laser printers bugger you up?

On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 11:11:31 -0700, harry wrote:

Which I learned in 1985.
You need special filtered vacuum cleaners.

When I worked for Xerox the big printers (9700's and then a Docutech) were in an air conditioned room for that very reason.
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 36th day of Discord in the YOLD 3183
I don't have an attitude problem.

So it kills the airconditioning filter changing person instead?
On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 19:09:28 +0100, The Other Mike wrote:

Only if they don't have the right PPE.
On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 19:42:17 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:

Yes we had them here I think they cost about £400 in the early 90s whe n we brought ours. we dont use them now all our printing services are out s ourced.
I'm assuming you refer to the fact that if you spill toner you would need a special filter in any vacuum you use to clean it up or it will gum up the works. Its pretty obvious. We knew this in the photocopier era. The melting of fine particles of plastic using heat onto paper means that the powder has to be microscopic, so don't breath it in, and low temperature melt, as we don't want to set fire to the paper either. It thus passes through the bag pores and most normal dust filters, gets to the hot compressor or motor and glues it all together most effectively.. grin. Didn't this idea feature in a film where the wife found out about her cheating husband and before walking out tipped toner over the carpet? Brian
--
----- -
On Thursday, 20 April 2017 08:46:11 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:

I don;t think there were any filters you couold buy to attachet to domestic cleaners.

The substance (toner) is or was considered carcinogenic in that it could cause cancer, maybe a rat was fed a toner cartridge and it died of cancer I don't know how they came to this conclusion.
On 20-Apr-17 11:44 AM, whisky-dave wrote:

You can buy HEPA filters for Henry vacuum cleaners.

Colin Bignell
On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 12:10:40 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

You also need a conductive hose.
On 20-Apr-17 12:15 PM, Bob Eager wrote:

Currently about £120 for a 5m hose to suit the Henry vacuum.

Colin Bignell
On Thursday, 20 April 2017 12:10:44 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:

and dyson have them built-in but I thought you needed better than home HEPA filters, the H&S at the time also stated you should wear gloves and a mask when cleaning up toner spills.
On 20-Apr-17 1:04 PM, whisky-dave wrote:

A filter is either HEPA or it is not, irrespective of the application. It means that the filter will remove at least 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 micrometers in diameter. A 600 dpi laser printer uses toner particles of at least 6 micrometers diameter.

Colin Bignell
On Thursday, 20 April 2017 11:44:26 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:

you can also use a water filter

it's not carcinogenic, it's classed as a nuisance dust only.
NT
On Thursday, 20 April 2017 12:41:49 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

need a

the

stic cleaners.

How in a vacuum cleaner ?

d cause cancer, maybe a rat was fed a toner cartridge and it died of cancer I don't know how they came to this conclusion.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/dangers-toner-ink-exposure-55298.html Carbon black -- which the International Agency for Research on Cancer has c lassified as a 2B carcinogen, or "a dust that is possibly carcinogenic to h umans" -- is found in toner ink. While you're not exposed to it during norm al use, if a toner cartridge breaks, you may inhale it or have it touch you r skin. To avoid accidentally inhaling or touching this chemical, don a pap er breathing mask and protective gloves whenever changing the toner ink in any of your office's photocopiers or disposing of old toner ink cartridges. Carbon black inhalation may cause headaches, eye irritation, chronic itchi ness and small growths on the tongue. By extension, direct contact with the skin is likely to cause severe itchiness and irritation.

On Thursday, 20 April 2017 13:06:49 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:

d need a

up the

mestic cleaners.

uld cause cancer, maybe a rat was fed a toner cartridge and it died of canc er I don't know how they came to this conclusion.

classified as a 2B carcinogen, or "a dust that is possibly carcinogenic to humans"
Everything that hasn't got tons of data is 'possibly'.

e, if a toner cartridge breaks, you may inhale it or have it touch your ski n. To avoid accidentally inhaling or touching this chemical, don a paper br eathing mask and protective gloves whenever changing the toner ink in any o f your office's photocopiers or disposing of old toner ink cartridges. Carb on black inhalation may cause headaches, eye irritation, chronic itchiness and small growths on the tongue. By extension, direct contact with the skin is likely to cause severe itchiness and irritation.
I've had lots of it on my skin, it does't iritate or itch at all. Maybe you should read the MSDS for cinnamon, then you might be a bit more realistic.
NT
On Thursday, 20 April 2017 16:09:49 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

uld need a

m up the

domestic cleaners.

could cause cancer, maybe a rat was fed a toner cartridge and it died of ca ncer I don't know how they came to this conclusion.

as classified as a 2B carcinogen, or "a dust that is possibly carcinogenic to humans"

Yep like tobacco and even asbesdos.

use, if a toner cartridge breaks, you may inhale it or have it touch your s kin. To avoid accidentally inhaling or touching this chemical, don a paper breathing mask and protective gloves whenever changing the toner ink in any of your office's photocopiers or disposing of old toner ink cartridges. Ca rbon black inhalation may cause headaches, eye irritation, chronic itchines s and small growths on the tongue. By extension, direct contact with the sk in is likely to cause severe itchiness and irritation.

For you maybe not but that;s not everyone, as people have differnt types of skill. You should also ask hairdressers about how some chemical are fine o n one person but can kill another.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2960349/Mother-died-henna-tattoo-ho liday-Dubai-triggered-massive-allergic-reaction-L-Oreal-hair-dye.html

realistic.

On Tuesday, 25 April 2017 11:52:16 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:

no, we do have tons of data on those

why on earth would I need to ask a hairdresser about allergies? You're in your own world aren't you, one where everyone else is as clueless as you. There's no point talking about the problems with the precaustionary principle with you.
NT
On Tuesday, 25 April 2017 12:15:59 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

yes tobacco has been around a bit longer than laser toner. So we have more records on it's effects. Now go back to say 20s-40s tabacco was said to be good for you. Now when we have someting like 80-100 years of laser toner use maybe we'll know more.

In my world I realise that some people can have alegeric reactions to many things and some can be quite dangerous. So when dying hair whether your own or someone elses it's a good idea to take measures to reduce exposure to ANY chemical or substance that can cause problems, only the braindead would not ony ignore them but tell others there's no such problem as they have never experinced a problem.
On Tuesday, 25 April 2017 13:38:43 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:

the data isn't being collected so we won't.

you're a moron.