Oh bugger I ballsed up! help!

I removed the front of our Creda 37374 tumbledryer to replace the broken drivebelt, an easy job, well should be. But because I was rushing I removed the connectors for the door switch and failed to lable them or note their connections. Doh! silly me.

Anyway I'm particularly stumped because there are three connectors, none of which is an earth. I would have thought the switch would need only two. There are three wires, one is pink and white, one is brown and white and the other just brown. Does anyone know which is which or a scheme to figure it out with my multimeter?

Cheers all.

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Sounds like it's a changeover switch. You should be able to identify this with the meter set to continuity. If it is, I'd guess at brown to common, and then experiment with the other two - I doubt it'll do any harm.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sounds like one common wire which connects to one of the other two depending whether the door is open or closed.

My guess would be that the stripey wires are the switch contacts and the solid coloured wire is the common but it's anyones guess..

sPoNiX

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Try asking at

Lobster

The OP may be able to identify the common (if it is a common) by measuring from the supply to the board to the various wires. Usually, there will be under an ohm from the 'common' to either positive or negative supplys, or live/neutral if it's run from 240V. Getting it round the wrong way should not do any harm other than flooding if you're stupid enough to leave it on.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

In this case youre unlikely to do damage by getting them wrong, so I'd try them at random, with one important caveat. Check each wire for conduction to earth first: if one connects to the case or plug earth pin then DONT try them at random.

Theres always some risk you could do damage, but not likely. Do at own risk if u choose. If you dont want to take on any risk, dont do anything. For legal reasons I recommend you never do anything. Ever. Especially not this. Don't do it. Dont even think about it, back away now.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton