Social Security Number

...and your point is? You don't have one.

Reply to
krw

Utterly absurd.

Reply to
krw

Applications for employment sounds like something mcdonalds would do. I don't think I ever filled out a job application, unless it was something the post office related to taking vigorous testing. Also never had the opportunity to negotiate terms, but I have turned down jobs. I liked it when all job adds included pay scale, back in the day ! My resume does include my social security number, of course I don't need it anymore, I hope !!

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Yes, dummy. "Your" and "you're" are completely different words. You used the wrong one, clearly showing your IQ.

It is *not* a tupo.

*That* is a tupo. You might want to learn something. ...if you can.

I'm sure your mother told you that the terminally stupid should shut up and just be thought fools.

[..../] IRONY

IKWYABWAI is your best line yet.

Fork over the information when asked, dummy. Sheesh! You really can't think!

Yes, at least you finally realize it.

Reply to
krw

Who the f*ck cares about Canuckistan? You and HomoGay can have it.

Reply to
krw

Good Lord, you're stupid. This discussion never revolved around a vote. The *FACT* is that employers *DO* ask for this information before offering a job. Not supplying the information has a big potential downside (you aren't considered for the job). Supplying information to a hiring corporation, that you've already given to every Tom, Dick, and Harry, has little downside.

My bet is that your neuron still won't get it.

You really are a stupid shit.

Reply to
krw

G' ahead and be a pussy and give them what they want, then. I'll continue to defend my rights to freedom and privacy.

Reply to
Smitty Two

LOL Apparently some Idiots are more than happy to work for other idiots. Must make them feel at home And then those same idiots are back out looking for work sooner than later, not realizing that their willingness to work for idiots is part of the problem

Reply to
Attila Iskander

An there you have another data point. A guy who not only doesn't object to putting his SS# on an employment application, he actually has it on his resume. I'm not sure that's such a good idea, because presumably it results in wider circulation of the #.

Reply to
trader4

What experience are you talking about? Finding every employee at the big box mart irresponsible? You're right that hasn't been my experience and what makes it nonsense is that it just isn't true.

I'm a degreed EE and had a 17 year career in engineering and marketing at Intel. So, you're wrong again, fool

That's nice. But it has nothing to do with anything I posted, anything being discussed here, and I couldn't care less.....

Reply to
trader4

:

quoted text -

That's interesting? You say it used to be asked for, but hasn't now for years. What caused the change? And how could you possibly know what all other employers are or are not doing all over the country?

Reply to
trader4

# # What experience are you talking about? Finding every # employee at the big box mart irresponsible? You're right # that hasn't been my experience and what makes it nonsense # is that it just isn't true. #

# # I'm a degreed EE and had a 17 year career in engineering and # marketing at Intel. So, you're wrong again, fool

So are you claiming that you and snipped-for-privacy@at.biz are sockpuppets of the same poster ?

If so, then I have no need to contimue If not, they you need to brush up on your reading skills to identify (at the top of the post) who is being addressed

# # That's nice. But it has nothing to do with anything I # posted, anything being discussed here, and I couldn't # care less.....

See above And come back to us when you've cleared that up.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

No, I just misread the post. See, when I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Actually, k and I don't get along all that well. But we do agree on one thing. And that is that you're a nonsensical jerk. I don't see anyone else here that has much use for you either.

Reply to
trader4

I'm sure they do. At least most employers large enough to have an HR department use employment applications. A lot of information is needed during the hiring process and the application is the way to collect it all at once. Asking for it piece at a time is nuts.

Assuming you've worked, it's hard to believe that you've never filled out a job application. How did they collect all of your personal information needed during the hiring process?

The salary has always been part of the employment negotiations, often way ahead of any offer. It's usually discussed in broad terms (minimums, expected ranges, etc.) at the first contact. As far as posted pay scales, I've never had a job where this information was public knowledge. I've never had any idea what my cow-orkers made, nor they, mine.

I certainly wouldn't post my SSN on a resume. I don't even include my address or any identifying information more than my name and an email address. I guess my cell phone number is on there too.

Reply to
krw

Let me guess; you're unemployed.

Reply to
krw

Every now and again, one really takes off.

This is such a moment. I don't remember the last one that took off like this. Was it WD-40 or political?

.

"Larry W" wrote in message news:k9r9oa$skp$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org... The original troll must be marvelling at returns well beyond any reasonable expectation from his post.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

More proof of your incredible cluelessness.

Clueless.

"Cleared that up"? That your sorry life is of no consequence to anyone else here? You really _are_ clueless.

Reply to
krw

It's amazing that you have the brains to breathe.

Reply to
krw

Your worthless opinion.

Reply to
krw

>> Remember: Until someone is about to hire you, they have no need for

I think it might be the norm for the sort of job that the "expert on everything" might be applying for.

Reply to
George