How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

Page 11 of 14
Pico Rico posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

I beg to differ. There is still the same amount of water on earth now as when it was created. Think about it. You are drinking the same water that was peed in at some time.
--
Tekkie

On 7/9/2014 4:16 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Some water might be combined by photo synthesis, or released by burning hydrocarbons. But, it's within a percent or two.
I'm OK as long as the dinosaur didn't fart in the premordal stew.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:09:52 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

at

Actually, it's not:
http://sciencenordic.com/earth-has-lost-quarter-its-water
“By examining how the ratio of these isotopes has changed, we have been able to determine that over the course of around four billion years, t he Earth's oceans have lost about a quarter of their original mass."
IDK why you guys just assume stuff. There's no particular reason to think that what was in place when the earth was a very different and unihabitable planet would still exist today. Or do you think the earth is 10,000 years old?
DannyD. posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

ers

the

Wharf-Hyd-070910.pdf

No, but then again our ff water is either supplied by municipal hydrants or tanker ops. The hydrants are here are dry and have drains. I can see the purpose of the thrust block as if the hydrant is closed rapidly, the water hammer may blow the connection at the elbow. It also appears (IIRC) the OP hydrant is too low to ground...
We had a bridge rebuilt. The water co laid new lines with a hydrant at one end of the bridge, ok. Guard rail was installed about 3" from the hydrant. It has been awhile but I believe the line had to moved for clearance. Had t o go through the municipal engineer.
--
Tekkie

On 7/9/2014 4:36 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

In Western NY, the Rochester FD has its own thread, as does Newark, NY. Sadly, there are about a zillion hydrants and length of hose and fire trucks that are invested in the non standard thread.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Leaving aside the fact that most of the water on the planet was delivered by comet billions of years ago (most of it wasn't here when the earth coalesced from cosmic dust).
Unless you believe the earth is only 6000 years old.

I limit myself to drinking water that has been created by the burning of fossil fuels.

Buy one of these (or the equivalent locally):
http://www.texasbraggtrailers.com/trailers/water-haulers/water-hauler-trailers-500-gallon-tank.htm
-or-
http://www.texasbraggtrailers.com/trailers/water-haulers/water-hauler-trailers-1000-gallon-tank.htm#quote
and rent the appropriate truck to haul it. I think U-Haul will rent a pickup truck for 19.95/day + fuel + mileage.

which of their BMWs would be the appropriate size to tow the 1000 gallon jobbie?
CRNG wrote, on Wed, 09 Jul 2014 06:58:45 -0500:

I'm told that it's 10,000 for every 100 feet, which, out here, we'd need about 500 feet (a recent well is just that), so, about fifty thousand dollars.
On 7/11/2014 4:01 PM, DannyD. wrote:

Out on the left coast, you millionaires and billionaires don't even consider that pocket change, right?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Zaky Waky wrote, on Wed, 09 Jul 2014 10:44:40 +0000:

If you're in Vermont, how do you know that our water 'isn't' as old as I had surmised? Did you simply guess? Or did you have information?
John Haskey wrote, on Wed, 09 Jul 2014 22:54:09 +0000:

I like the idea of those water-hauling trailers!
http://www.water-storage-containers.com/500gallonwatertrailer.html http://www.apcequipment.com/trailers/water-tank-trailer.html http://www.abiattachments.com/water-trailer/500-1-axle-dot-water-trailer/ etc.
In typed:

And, roughly speaking, how much do they cost to purchase?
On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:01:30 +0000 (UTC), "DannyD."

Bummer. So about $100,000 for a 1000 foot well and no guarantee that you'll even hit water. I can see the appeal of a community well.
I'm beginning understand why the "cliff dweller" civilizations suddenly moved away during the 30-year drought cycle in NM and AZ in the 9th century. You can't live long without adequate water.
On Saturday, July 12, 2014 6:49:29 AM UTC-4, CRNG wrote:

note after some research the $100,000 for a 1000 foot is at the very top of the cost of a water well...
Around here its closer to 10 bucks a foot:)
On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:05:59 +0000 (UTC), "DannyD."

Those look like good ideas. Any idea what they cost?
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:39:02 -0400:

It's unfair, but in California, our cost of living is tremendously higher than yours (mainly due to supply and demand for the sun).
So, a run-down fixer-upper with almost zero land and almost zero space and falling apart, in the valley, is no less than 600K to 800K dollars.
A "nice" house, is over a million, and, if you want any land to speak of, then you're looking at multiple millions. Assume about 1.5% (give or take) for taxes every year, and you begin to see what it costs us to live here.
Add to that an income tax of around 9% and a sales tax of about the same, and one of the highest gas taxes, plus utility taxes that are tremendous, and we're almost taxed to death.
Without getting political, that means we MUST earn more money than you guys elsewhere, just to survive, poverty being probably around 50K per year for a family, I think (although I didn't look it up).
Problem is, we have to be taxed at the same rate by the feds as you guys, so, if we make a paltry barely livable $100K, we get taxed at the 36% bracket.
So, our taxes, in effect, are over 60% (hard to add all those up though).
You should *thank* us, for paying more in taxes than every other state combined! (I think that's the figure but I'd have to look it up to be sure.)
:)
On Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:12:12 PM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:

Don;t feel so bad Danny. The main problem with CA is you let your govt get out of control and screw you royally. Some other states, eg NJ, aren't far behind. And sadly the feds are now on a path that is taking the whole country there.
On 8/4/2014 10:38 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I've heard that CA natives move to other states, and then demand the same liberal handouts they left behind.
--
.
Christopher A. Young