Can't repair home office printer, so need a new one

Page 2 of 8
On 10/5/2016 10:45 AM, Don Wiss wrote:

What's worse?
A. Polluting ground water by fracking
B. Spraying billions of gallons of glyphosate (a probable carcinogen) all over our food supply
C. Throwing a printer in the trash
Hint:
A and B make a lot of money for the wealthy elite so they are legal forms of pollution.
C doesn't make money for wealthy people so its illegal pollution.
Don,

Here in Washington state, we can take electronic waste to any Goodwill pickup. They will resell if they can, or process it for recycling.
Unfortunately, much of the "recycled" waste is simply shipped overseas to become someone elses problem. At least I'm trying to do the right thing on my end.
On 10/4/2016 12:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I guess I got my moneys worth out of it!
--
Maggie

We have two of these inkjets in the business and they perform admirably.
http://amzn.to/2dtdNMG
My personal preference is black and white lasers for 99% of our printing and for the occasional color job, we have a shared color laser.
On 10/4/2016 11:46 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

you prefer B&W lasers, but give a recommendation for an inkjet.
What is your recommendation for a B&W laser?
On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 13:14:02 -0700, Taxed and Spent

Obviously you are confused, the OP indicated she preferred color, inkjet printers.
On 10/4/2016 1:27 PM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

No, I'm not confused. I wanted a recommendation for a B&W laser.
On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 14:10:00 -0700, Taxed and Spent

We have 5 of the following personal b/w laser printers, one in each manager's office. I have been extremely satisfied and impressed with the machines.
http://amzn.to/2dtGXvi
On 10/4/2016 7:04 PM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

I like the option of being able to print in color, sometimes.
--
Maggie

On 10/4/16 5:10 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

Brother lasers.
On 10/4/2016 5:10 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

I have a cheap Samsung laser (ML-1865W ~$60) and it is a workhorse. The only way I'll replace it is if it dies. I like it because you get a new drum with each toner cartridge. When the "replace toner cartridge light" comes on, you can continue printing for a long, long time and still get good quality prints. The only features lacking are auto duplex and ethernet connection. I don't use the wireless feature as it didn't seem to work well ... whenever there was a power failure, I would have to re-setup each of the PCs to work again, but frankly, it might be that I was doing something wrong. The newer Samsungs have ethernet and auto duplexing and even have a smaller profile because of the paper drawer, but of course, cost a bit more ... but not too much more!
On 10/5/2016 7:37 AM, Art Todesco wrote:

What exactly is auto duplexing?
--
Maggie

The printer prints on both sides of the paper. A nice feature. You don't have to spend a lot to get it these days.
On 10/6/2016 4:11 AM, Don Wiss wrote:

ahh Thanks! This new printer does do auto duplexing, then.
--
Maggie

I'm not critizing you with this reply, but, at some point, people do need to try! to find out the information to some of their questions on their own and if they're still stuck, then ask about it. If you coddle them instead, they'll never bother to improve a necessary life skill,imo. 'Research'
Take this thread for example.
--
People you encounter every day are fighting battles you know nothing
about. Be kind.

One thing that nobody noticed is Muggles started the thread with a question. Then, without rading any of the responses, went out and bought a printer. Then she came back to read the thread.

Huh? How do you know what I did before I bought my printer?
--
Maggie

I noticed she was quick to purchase a printer, but, don't know for sure that she didn't take anyones advice beforehand. She may have, she may not have. Point is, she was coddled. It's one of the reasons why I wrote the post you partially quoted.
--
People you encounter every day are fighting battles you know nothing
about. Be kind.

On 10/06/2016 05:30 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Which can mean using (and later throwing out) half as much paper. It's a feature I'd always look for.
I prefer laser printers over inkjet. One reason is that if you haven't used the printer for a few months, it still prints well (toner doesn't dry out or clog).
BTW, if you get toner on your clothes or anywhere else wash it with COLD water.
--
79 days until the winter celebration (Sunday December 25, 2016 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).