Can't repair home office printer, so need a new one

TCO (total cost of ownership), speed, moisture fast toner, toner does not clog the mechanism or dry up in the cartridge, and that is just a few reasons why I prefer a black and white lasers over color injkjets.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

That is surprising. Its been nine months since I gave them my last one and there was no charge. Neighbor was getting one ready for the dump where they would charge and I told him about Best Buy. Don't think he has gotten rid of it yet but I will have to ask him when he does.

Reply to
Frank

Of course it doesn't, but I think they are talking exclusively about 'in transit' modifications.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

The cost of putting extra ink in the cartridges is insignificant. I once saw an ink recipe and there was nothing expensive in it.

People do not like buying expensive cartridges so the suppliers sell them with one third the ink at half price. It's a real rip off.

Reply to
Frank

ahh Thanks! This new printer does do auto duplexing, then.

Reply to
Muggles

ok thanks!

Reply to
Muggles

In news:nt5eqh$l32$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Frank"

Reply to
TomR

It could be worse. I live in Colorado, which has made it state law that ANY recycling has to be done through a state approved commercial recycling business. And yes, you WILL be charged! 8|

nb

Reply to
notbob

Watch for TVs to start showing up in even greater numbers on the side of the road. Like tires. You pay a recycling fee when you buy tires, but then they charge you when you want to recycle them.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Anyone can screw with the system - but if YOU scan something and send it to your shyster, HE can modify the file. If you fax it to him, what comes over the fax is what you sent him - and unless he's a really smart shyster (ever seen one of them?) he can't tamper with it.

Reply to
clare

Those 300 page carts are the "starter cartridges" I was talking about.

Reply to
clare

Prints both sides without your pinkies touching the paper.

Reply to
clare

Id ensures authenticity at the recieving end. What was sent cannot be modified like a "digital copy" can You fax something to a lawyer or whoever and he doesn't like it - it stays what you sent. A digital copy sent to the same person can be modified to their liking and it is virtually indetectable.

Reply to
clare

Every day at noon my Brother MFC-J6510DW makes a noise and I can hear something going back and forth. I only printed a couple sheets when I first bought it. (For $154 delivered to my door it was the cheapest 11x17 scanner I could find.) But after about three years it ran out of ink. I then bought cheap replacement ink cartridges. One color is now out again. For a while I was keeping it unplugged. Turning it off did not stop the action.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

Also the laser print quality is much better than an inkjet.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

Don,

Here in Washington state, we can take electronic waste to any Goodwill pickup. They will resell if they can, or process it for recycling.

Unfortunately, much of the "recycled" waste is simply shipped overseas to become someone elses problem. At least I'm trying to do the right thing on my end.

Anthony Watson

HerHusband

Well, ink cartridges come in this size or you can get them in XL size, so, the cartridges that came with it are the same as the ones sold in stores - not just starter cartridges.

Reply to
Muggles

I'm not critizing you with this reply, but, at some point, people do need to try! to find out the information to some of their questions on their own and if they're still stuck, then ask about it. If you coddle them instead, they'll never bother to improve a necessary life skill,imo. 'Research'

Take this thread for example.

Reply to
Diesel

Okay, I'll play along...

What's to stop him or anyone else from taking the copy delivered by the fax machine, making alterations and simply faxing it to himself/herself again? Fax machines were never intended to be tamper proof, let alone resistant to the possibility. Likewise with fax printouts.

Reply to
Diesel

If that's the case, then sending a pdf, etc offers no disadvantage either. Once the individual has it, via fax or otherwise, honesty and integrity is the only real barrier to unauthorized modifications. Fax makes it harder to alter in transit sure, but once it's received, thats another matter entirely. I think some people make too big of a deal concerning possible man in the middle attacks while in transit. Fax, pdf, etc. Neither method ensures authenticity.

Reply to
Diesel