Can't repair home office printer, so need a new one

I guess I got my moneys worth out of it!

Reply to
Muggles

Why do you like a laser printer over an inkjet?

Reply to
Muggles

It is scanned "directly"

Reply to
clare

After a lot of looking and comparing, I finally settled on this one: Epson WorkForce WF-3620 WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner. It was on sale at Office Depot for $89 (normally $160). I got it set up this afternoon, and it's not too big, and not too small. I've printed on it and scanned to pc already. Haven't hooked up the fax yet, but need to figure out where I have a phone connection so I can do that. Oh, and I have it set up wired, now, but I have the option to also set up wifi printing, too, if I need that. Right now I don't really need wifi printing.

Reply to
Muggles

Right, only pure documents can be scanned, never a tampered or forged document.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

My dead HP gave me many years! I'm going to miss it, but I'm liking the new one, too. It's a tad bit faster!

Reply to
Muggles

I like the option of being able to print in color, sometimes.

Reply to
Muggles

yeah Ink is really ridiculously expensive. This printer I just bought, the Epson 3620, came with full cartridges, so it'll print out at least

300 pages. I can buy the XL cartridges that print 1100 pages, but for now I'm good with the ink that came with it.
Reply to
Muggles

After I got the new one set up this afternoon, I printed several things that printed on both sides of the paper. The coolest this is I didn't have to turn the paper over. The machine did the double side printing automatically, and did it flawlessly! I was giggling!

Reply to
Muggles

Nice looking machine.

Reply to
Muggles

Nice machine. Now, I'm wondering where do old printers go when they pass away?

Reply to
Muggles

What exactly is auto duplexing?

Reply to
Muggles

I don't print a lot all the time, but I do print off and on enough to need a decent and reliable printer. I just switched from an HP to an Epson, and I'm hoping I got a good one this time, too.

Reply to
Muggles

But there's no way for the recipient of a fax to be sure whether it represents an unaltered scan of a paper document or has been generated by fax software from, for example, a Photoshop file. And the low resolution of faxes makes it hard to determine whether a fax is of a genuine document or a forgery.

A famous recent case was that of the forged National Guard memos used on

60 Minutes in 2004. In their haste to get out a hit piece against George W Bush in the final weeks before the election, they relied on a boneheaded document examiner who gave them an opinion based on faxes of the supposed memos. The ensuing scandal led to the end of the CBS careers of Dan Rather and Mary Mapes, the segment's producer.
Reply to
Neill Massello

I'm not sure how faxing ensures authenticity.

What's to prevent someone from

  1. scanning an original document
  2. editing the document with Gimp
  3. printing the altered document
  4. faxing the altered document?
Reply to
123

The printer prints on both sides of the paper. A nice feature. You don't have to spend a lot to get it these days.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

As discussed elsewhere in this thread, they should be taken to a place for recycling. They go to outfits that dismantle it all and the various parts then get recycled.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

That seems to have been the consensus for many years among Usenet posters and the computer users I've talked to in person. I have an HP LaserJet that's nearing the age of 20. It still fills my printing needs; but if I had to replace it, I'd go with Brother. (FWIW, I have a Brother memory typewriter that is at least *25* years old and still works perfectly.)

Reply to
Neill Massello

I've seen several that will clean their cartridges either before/after a print job and in some cases, pause the job if it's a considerable one to do a cleaning...Depends on brand, model and firmware revision. Not really sure what you're calling a tip, either. Mind explaining in more detail?

Reply to
Diesel

Depending on the algorithm in use, the password protection offered may not be as secure as you might think...

Reply to
Diesel