Any thoughts on the value of this cordless jigsaw

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.tiscali.co.uk> Wrote in message:

Handily it also means the batteries aren't covered by the usual lidl 3 year guarantee....

Reply to
Jim K...

Snap! (But already had 2 chargers)

36v cowhorn strimmer for me! What did you get in 36v?
Reply to
Jim K...

He never said it was? It allows one to use makita Li-ion batts on older nicd/ nimh kit.

I made my own from Makita flashlights off eBay.

Reply to
Jim K...

Just 11 fabulous 5 star reviews.

Don't know why so many of the big name versions are being sold without battery or charger.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Personally I wouldn't touch it. Now, I only buy stuff where I can share batteries and am confident they will stay available for some time. I run on Makita 14.4 and 18V Nicads and you can still get clone replacements, in fact you can now get NiMH too which charge from the same charger. Just bought my first Lidl 20 volt tool plus battery and charger.

Naked with batteries and chargers separate is a sales strategy to suit buyers like me.

Reply to
newshound

And as an aside, I *really* don't like the look of the reviews on that product. I would be quite suspicious that they were fake.

Reply to
newshound

It's a sponsored ad so the reviews are entirely untrustworthy.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I am sure they are fake. Could be wrong of course...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

If I were to buy a Makita cordless jigsaw sans battery and charger, what would be my options for the battery and charger? Do you mean that Lidl chargers and batteries would fit the bill?

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

That was certainly my impression, especially as each review included a video. Thanks for the input.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

newshound expressed precisely :

Those come without a battery and charger too. I think the reasoning is, some will already have those for other units in their range, so sell those items separately, then you can buy if needed.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

The first review is written by one of Amazons 'Top 1000 reviewers' no less:

Just read his other reviews - goes to show that Amazon sells lots of Amazing and Awesome products :)

Reply to
Andrew May

Oh, and he has bought twelve pairs of earbuds of various types since May. All of which he rated five stars.

Reply to
Andrew May

Presumably the sellers pay him for the reviews.

Reply to
jeikppkywk

Because you may already have batteries and a charger with other compatible equipment.

Reply to
alan_m

He seems to review at least 1 product every day on Amazon and on some days half a dozen products. Never less than 5 starts.

Reply to
alan_m

Because once you "buy in" to a given manufacturer's cordless tools, you don't generally want an extra battery and charger every time you buy another tool to add to the collection ... I chose 18V Makita several years ago, got 3x 3.0Ah batteries and a charger with a drill/impact combo set and have bought several "bare" tools since, only recently when I purchased a 36V tool did I buy a pair of 5.0Ah batteries along with a dual charger.

Reply to
Andy Burns

as in my case using Ryobi One+: 2 drills, Circular saw, jig saw, stapler & radio. 1 mains charger & one 12v charger (to run off car battery).

Reply to
charles

Jim K... submitted this idea :

Batteries were always excepted anyway..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Look pretty suspect - only 5 reviews and all video?

Because once you have bought into a "system" of batteries and chargers, its often nice to be able to add tools at a much lower cost without needing to duplicate batteries and chargers that you already have.

Reply to
John Rumm