Any thoughts on the value of this cordless jigsaw

Is it the same ruse as printers with half filled cartridges but the refills are as expensive as the printer? Brian
--
----- --
On 12/09/2019 07:12, Brian Gaff wrote:

The cartridges that come with some printers are only good for 10 A4 sheets. Some of the genuine replacement cartridges have less ink than some third party compatibles.
For years now I've always used compatible cartridges (inkjet) and toners (laser) from StinkyInk and have not had any problems with them. With my Epson InKjet I will run a full color small print through at least every other week and I always replace all cartridges at the same time even though some may still have a quarter of the ink still left. From experience of the print heads drying out, I never leave an empty cartridge in the printer - even for a day. I always have a replacement set to hand before the ink runs out.
https://www.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 12/09/2019 20:33, alan_m wrote:

They want £327 for a set for my printer. It cost £49 and came with a full set not starters.
Really nice and quick but it weighs a ton (35Kg).
Seen them second hand for £180.
One good thing about it is that there isn't a linux driver for it.
It's a sponsored ad so the reviews are entirely untrustworthy.
Tim
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 07:04:32 -0700 (PDT), "Tim+"

That was certainly my impression, especially as each review included a video. Thanks for the input.
--

Mike

On 11/09/2019 15:04, Tim+ wrote:

The first review is written by one of Amazons 'Top 1000 reviewers' no less:
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)>
Just read his other reviews - goes to show that Amazon sells lots of Amazing and Awesome products :)
On 11/09/2019 17:07, Andrew May wrote:

Oh, and he has bought twelve pairs of earbuds of various types since May. All of which he rated five stars.

Presumably the sellers pay him for the reviews.
On 11/09/2019 17:51, jeikppkywk wrote:

IS it why people in the UK receive deliveries of pointless silly items that they haven't ordered (or been asked to pay for) ?.
On 12/09/2019 14:55, Andrew wrote:

Or they let him keep the review item as "payment"... Might be interesting to see his ebay history!
--
Cheers,

John.
On 11/09/2019 17:07, Andrew May wrote:

He seems to review at least 1 product every day on Amazon and on some days half a dozen products. Never less than 5 starts.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 11/09/2019 17:07, Andrew May wrote:

Perhaps Amazon are kindly flagging up to us that "Top 1000 reviewers" may well not be what they seem.
Fake reviews are becoming more of a problem. But you can usually get the sense of a product by looking at a reasonable number. People who mention a slightly negative aspect are likely to be genuine.

As a matter of (genuine) interest, how do you tell that - does it say it somewhere I've missed?
--

Roger Hayter

Rather than following that link I just searched amazon for cordless jigsaws. It appeared at the top of the page with “sponsored” next to it.
Amazon is awash with sponsored no-name products all with glowing 5 star reviews. Given that they are never household names you have to ask yourself how they’ve all go 5 star reviews so quickly. Simple answer is that the sellers have paid for the ad AND the reviews. It’s clearly very lucrative.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Thanks. While I had noticed the unknown name products I hadn't spotted the "sponsorship" system.
--

Roger Hayter

On 12/09/2019 07:27, Tim+ wrote:

I might be wrong, but I always assumed "sponsored" items were simply ones that were pushed up the advertising ranking by the seller paying an extra fee (as happens on Google). Although it seems quite likely that such sellers would also pay for fake reviews. A little while ago you'd get products with plausible rather than adulatory reviews where the reviewer mentioned that they had had the product free or discounted.
On 11/09/2019 15:04, Tim+ wrote:

I have been offered free products for five star reviews. I have only done one and it deserved five stars.
On 11/09/2019 14:43, Mike Halmarack wrote:

Because you may already have batteries and a charger with other compatible equipment.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

as in my case using Ryobi One+: 2 drills, Circular saw, jig saw, stapler & radio. 1 mains charger & one 12v charger (to run off car battery).
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Mike Halmarack wrote:

Because once you "buy in" to a given manufacturer's cordless tools, you don't generally want an extra battery and charger every time you buy another tool to add to the collection ... I chose 18V Makita several years ago, got 3x 3.0Ah batteries and a charger with a drill/impact combo set and have bought several "bare" tools since, only recently when I purchased a 36V tool did I buy a pair of 5.0Ah batteries along with a dual charger.