Can't repair home office printer, so need a new one

you cannot mail in documents to the FTB?

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Last time I needed fax service was a few weeks ago when dealing with a former college. Prior to that I needed it a few months back when a bank required a fax of a document or for me to hand carry that document to an office that was a 25 mile round trip by car.

Yes, less need for fax today but sometimes it can be handy.

Reply to
Steve Stone

What I have done is to scan and e-mail the scan.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

Your point is moot...it only takes a little more software to fax...so why not include it?

Reply to
bob_villa

"You're in a newsgroup. There's a topic. People come for discussion of that topic. I shouldn't need to explain that. Being "a regular" doesn't confer special status to post unrelated chit-chat."

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Best Buy will take any old electronic equipment. I disposed of 4 good old crt TV's there.

Wife gets credit taking empty ink cartridges to Staples.

Reply to
Frank

Pigmented ink pretty well solves the bleed problem

I bought a good standalone scanner, then when my printer needed replacement the best deal on a printer just happened to be an "all-in-one"

\Definitely nothing wrong with the Brother laser

Reply to
clare

Where I live, Best Buy is the only legal way to get rid of a CRT TV. But they charge $25 each.

Reply to
TimR

I use a camera.

Reply to
clare

Many "legal" services will NOT accept an email. a scanned copy is not accepted as an "original" because it can be manipulated/altered. A fax is considered an "original" as it cannot be altered.

Reply to
clare

I can do that. The CA FTB would not accept it.

Hey, I also thought FAX'es were as dead as mimeograph machines. Silly me!

Apparently, some govt agencies and private finacial institutions will accept no other. Plus, almost every business online will accept a FAX. I will not accept one, but I can send one. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Yep. My attorney used to FAX me all the time.

My primary bank will NOT accept an email anything. You can scan a doc, but you gotta submit the file thru their webpage. Not EVEN FAX!

nb

Reply to
notbob

I work for a firm that deals with a vast number of legally binding documents.

We email PDF's to clients all the time and accept - via email - their documents after they print them out, sign them and scan them back to PDF. We then either print them out for filing and/or further processing or we forward the email to the proper department.

We also have eFax numbers so clients can "fax" us documents. They arrive in our email as PDF's which can be printed out and filed and/or submitted for processing.

In other words, unless the client signs the document in my office or mails or hand-carries the document in, we never see the "original".

We are slowly - very slowly - moving towards digital signing of documents so that no paper copy even exists unless someone wants to print out a copy for their own records.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You'll find that problem with a lot of things. You can't always rely on some customer reviews. Some issues the customer had are the direct result of the customer not following directions and/or not understanding something. Keep in mind, the ones leaving the reviews could be like you. "I'm giving it a 1 star because I had trouble installing the software" - customer may not have followed the directions carefully, but, they aren't going to admit that.

I've actually had customers call for help because their printer wouldn't print anything. It went thru the motions and ejected a blank page. When I went to their home or had them bring the printer in, I'd find the 'remove me before using' tear away sticker still attached to the bottom of one or more cartridges.

Btw, please don't keep trying to print if you get a blank page; as, the printer is putting droplets of ink all over the sticky side of the remove before using sticker. It makes a mess in short order. The ink tends to stay wet in those circumstances.

Just a few suggestions, actually. Some people in the thread have recommended decent machines and one poster even provided a decent url to learn more. I'd suggest you visit the url and make your own decision based on what your needs are. Since you didn't bother to list them with your post.

And my second suggestion, don't buy an all in one anything. The print quality isn't the greatest and the scanner resolution is often not the best either. Depending on make/model of the all-in-one, if one component fails or indicates it has a problem during the power up self test, it may not let you use the other components. Kodak all in one comes to mind...

You're better off with dedicated hardware. IE: a printer that prints and a scanner that scans; seperate units entirely though. The print quality will usually be better AND the scanner will usually offer higher resolution scans vs an all-in-one.

My post isn't specifying which posters suggested decent printers based on service work history I have with the majority of them, and, it's intentional on my part, due to our past. I don't think highly of you and time hasn't changed that opinion.

Reply to
Diesel

Mine only prints black.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Must be defective...

Reply to
dpb

Don't tell them that a fax is scanned into the wires to send it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

They may here also. But they are further away than Staples. I think Staples won't take CRT TVs here. But they do take CRT monitors. If I had a CRT TV I would get on the web and see where NYC has for my options

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

What's worse?

A. Polluting ground water by fracking

B. Spraying billions of gallons of glyphosate (a probable carcinogen) all over our food supply

C. Throwing a printer in the trash

Hint:

A and B make a lot of money for the wealthy elite so they are legal forms of pollution.

C doesn't make money for wealthy people so its illegal pollution.

Reply to
Joe

The insurance business has been working towards that goal for over

10 years and they are still killing trees at an alarming rate!
Reply to
clare