Antifreeze - not just for cars

Page 5 of 9

I finally gave up on the friendship, after the third time in a couple months that I got sick from contact. Twice was they didn't tell me the 5 year old nephew had a cold, and the other time was when he fixed me a salmonella burger. So, I'm no longer in contact.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I'm in NYS, and a friend of mine in South Carolina knows an identical someone. Product of the welfare system. Born, bred, and kept alive by taxpayer dollars. The person in question has been employed, for up to a couple weeks at a time. Married a welfare woman, with three welfare daughters. Mom watches Rikki Lake, Sally Jessy, and all the daytime drams. The three daughters now in their teens all have boyfriends, and one also has girlfriends. Lives at present entirely on taxpayer dollars. Declares that it's not welfare. It's some other program, but not welfare. Watches Cable TV, with cable internet, smokes, and has already been brought back to life after a massive heart attack. Takes four or five pills a day, paid by the tax payer. Gave up salt for his health, but still smokes two packs a day. Packs which are purchased with tax payer money.
Did you hear about the guy who had a clone made of himself? Problem is, the clone had a potty mouth. Finally he pushed the clone to his death, off a cliff. The police charged him with making an obscene clone fall.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

And the cows. You're right, people talk about NYS like it's all Bronx.
Do you wake up with the wease on 96? Do you know what a white hot is? Is lilac festival a reason to wear snow gear? Does the Breeze make you groan, for wasted tax payer money? Is a corn hill festival a place to get sunburn, or get AIDS?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I'm not much interested in rock, nor rap and black on 104, is it DKX?
Yeah, white hots are closer to sausage. Not heard of that brand, probably cause they aren't commonly found.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I used to like the Bee, but their country western sounds too much like rock.
Ah, well. Can't win. Society changes, and I change also.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Who can tell? The BS artist who told me this, he's told some windies. But, then, I've heard of some really strange stuff in the city.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Water freezing in a drain trap will expand without breaking the surrounding plumbing.

Even if a trap cracked, how much water is in the typical trap? Between a cup and a quart at the most? How's that going to cause major damage to a house?

think toilet trap, cracked toilets, traps buried in cielings etc etc.
its best to blow down the supply lines but he did the best he could....
I once worked where the building froze, the management thught they drained the sprinkler system:)
but trapped water split some sprinlker lines and caused a deluge when water was turned back on by authorties....
the company finally closed completely
Very well said.
That's essentially what I was thinking.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

No one said that it would cause MAJOR damage. Might be a good idea to prevent it from happening, though. Especially since preventing it is so much cheaper and easier than having to repair it. And trapped water in the inards of a toilet can cost you a toilet, too.
Toilet replace, I've done that. It's a pain in the ass. Expecially when a pour of antifreeze coulda prevented the problem.
Tipecanoe and a toilet or two?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 17:10:21 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Maybe you installed it the wrong way up? ;)