Antifreeze - not just for cars

And the cows. You're right, people talk about NYS like it's all Bronx.

Do you wake up with the wease on 96? Do you know what a white hot is? Is lilac festival a reason to wear snow gear? Does the Breeze make you groan, for wasted tax payer money? Is a corn hill festival a place to get sunburn, or get AIDS?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I thought this section of the thread was about using a compressor to blast residual water out of THE SUPPLY PIPES, and whether there were people who would provide this service.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

When I was a little guy, we used to vacation in the Adirondaks. Fishing, and get away from it all. The cabins we rented had no insulation. I'm sure they had to be drained and had the pipes blown out for winter. Many in the finger lakes, likely the same way. I've been to some homes where the driveway is vertical, and I've had to pray for safety on the way in, or the way out. Winter? Forget it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

- Only deaf people listen to WCMF. They intentionally induce distortion into their signal. Sounds like a phonograph needle with a ball of dust on it.

- White hots are not hot dogs. The only real hot dogs are made by Sabrett and Hebrew National, and are apparently illegal around here.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

There are a few of those vertical driveways on the west side of Irondequoit Bay, but they're year-round homes. A couple have 149 steps to get down from the street. "Honey - we have to tip the movers $500 each...." :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Not if they've been "blown" - often they don't get completely empty. And I know guys who just take a "drain blaster" to blow the traps for winterizing. Does not make the trap dry, but gets them low enough they won't pop.

Reply to
clare

I'm not much interested in rock, nor rap and black on 104, is it DKX?

Yeah, white hots are closer to sausage. Not heard of that brand, probably cause they aren't commonly found.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wow, that's a lot like work. How many deer did you hit, this year, in Durand? Do you support feeding the deer, or shooting? Did the "police snipers" do OK?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Shhh... you'll interrupt his confusion.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

plumbers are the ideal people to winterize homes. costly but knowledgable. and on the hook to fix stuff they miss, come spring

locally they have been busy winterizing closed car dealerships.......

and closed stores in general. this will probably get more common after the first of bthe year when more stores go belly up

Reply to
hallerb

DKX was become pretty much useless, although I think they have an old school R&B show on Sundays.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I've never hit one, but they're the reason my gardening has come to almost a complete halt. Don't bother with suggestions for keeping them away. I've tried absolutely EVERYTHING. The only thing that will work is not legal in my neighborhood, unfortunately. I've come home from my band gigs at 2:30 AM and found 8-10 of them standing in my driveway, looking at me like "What do you think you're doing here?" Last 4th of July, I was carrying my handgun when I came home, and I could've gotten a perfect head shot if it had been earlier and people were still setting off fireworks.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

My sister used to live in the edge of the city. One neighbor of hers didn't like the woodchuck (groundhog) in the yard. There was unspoken agreement, every now and again he'd pop the latest woodchuck with .22RF using shorts or CB caps or whatever. Some of the ligher loaded rimfire are barely audible. I've heard that if the muzzle is a foot or so inside the (open, silly) window, it keeps slight bit of noise indoors.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I used to like the Bee, but their country western sounds too much like rock.

Ah, well. Can't win. Society changes, and I change also.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Modern country is nothing but rock with cowboy hats and fake accents. And way too much use of machine-generated harmonies.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Unfortunately, other people's houses are much too close to use any sort of rifle here. And a .22 would just annoy the deer, although I know for a fact that within a few hours, someone in this newsgroup will share an exception that's as likely to reoccur as it is for Mick Jagger to stop by my house for a beer.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

JoeSpareBedroom wrote the following:

My wife sprays "Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent". It does work. It smells like rotten eggs when sprayed on, but the smell dissipates within a minute or so. The deer have left the sprayed plants alone, and after a while, the deer learn that there is nothing appetizing there, so they don't even come close.

Reply to
willshak

Tried it. They laughed at it and ate half the branches off a rugosa rose. Do you have any idea how many thorns are on a well-grown rugosa? These deer are all named Rambo.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Well, the deer were there before you were. And since humans got rid of the natural predators, and only replaced predation in part with automotive depopulation, it isn't surprising the population is spiking.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Funny thing about humans, they have anti-predators known as Tree Hugging Democrats. They prevent predation which causes all kinds of pesky animal species to invade human habitats after the animal populations increase exponentially.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas