A new thing to worry about

Powering Your Switch Connect the supplied AC adapter to 12VDC/100mA on the back of the switch. Then, plug the other end of the adapter into a standard AC outlet. The power turns on.

Note: To avoid injury, do not connect the adapter to a ceiling outlet.

My gosh! A new thing to worry about.

Reply to
mm

From generic antenna installation instructions, from

After a page of warnings about grounding, power lines and windy days, more warnings:

WARNING Do not attempt to install if drunk, pregnant or both. Do not eat antenna. Do not throw antenna at spouse.

Reply to
mm

Do you want to be hit in the head when the wall wart falls out of a crappy outlet? :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I guess that's one of those "direct translation from the Chinese" things, but here's a serious one I saw the other day on a building compound gate at my local supermarket where they are doing some refurbing. It said

"No alcohol or drugs to be used on this site"

What is the world coming to ? My wife won a toy radio controlled car at the bingo last weekend. Some of the instructions on that box were hysterical, but she's given it away now, so unfortunately, I can't share :-( That was mine to play with ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

News report... MM was found hanging by a cord that was foolishly plugged into a ceiling outlet. Details at 11.

I'm surprised they didn't say:

"Note: To avoid injury, do not connect the adapter to any outlet."

which would have been more accurate.

Or even:

"Note: To avoid injury, do not open the package containing this adapter."

Reply to
PeterD

I remember years ago... I was working on the end of an extension cord. Somehow it got plugged in while I was working on it, and I touched the two wires together. Big bang.

The end was in another room, and I'm yelling at my spouse: "Unplug that cord..."

She got really pissed off at me for yelling at her.

(but was I wrong? )

Reply to
PeterD

Oh, that means I can't install it in the ceiling outlet, in my shower?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

:-) The PSU for our house alarm lives in an outlet on the underside of the basement stairs - to secure it they backed off the outlet cover screw a little and then tied it in place....

Why the person who installed the outlet didn't put it on the side of the stairs, I don't know - it's not like there isn't plenty of room.

Reply to
Jules

Go ahead. I won't tell! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Maybe they didn't want it where things could be dropped on it? Or the power cord on their grow light was too short?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Depends who you ask. Your wife thinks you were (d&r) ;-)

Reply to
Joe

If a man speaks in the forest

And there is no woman to hear him

Is he still wrong?

Reply to
Bob F

Hi!

Well, you *can* but I suspect that you might end up doing a really good job of learning more about Jesus. If you don't meet him, you might say his name a few times rather loudly.

Sorry. I'll stop now. :-)

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Life is looking up, for me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi!

I don't know why, but I find that absolutely hilarious.

"Why won't this thing WORK?!" (turns it over to examine it, make sure it's plugged in)

Reply to
William R. Walsh

If you have to ask, you're not married.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

LMAO!

He's been screaming Jesus here for years!

Reply to
Oren

Hi!

At which point you no longer needed to ask that the cord be unplugged.

Reminds me of something that happened many years back when my dad was replacing the light fixture one room over. I said "you should really turn the power off before doing that".

"Oh no, I'll do it hot." (I really have no idea what possessed him to do this, he knew better, but...)

I was sitting at my desk, working on my computer when the lights went out.

Evidently sound does travel slower than light, as it wasn't until a second or so later that I heard a swear word.

There was also a slight pop, but I never heard that. It kind of surprised me that a slight pop is all there was.

Yes, if you have fuses or circuit breakers...!

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

And, and also learned the Jesus Method of finding out which breaker connects to a certain electrical outlet. requiring a six or so inch length of 12 or 14 gage wire, with about an inch of each end stripped. Often with the ends gently pounded flat.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You funny! (Funny because there is a LOT of truth in what you write.)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon