Antifreeze - not just for cars

Page 4 of 9

Does your theory apply to everywhere in the country, regardless of the source of drinking water?
This is a trap. Tread carefully.
Hmm. Sounds like a drain trap trap?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Guess again!
I wrote it, meant it, said it, and stand by it. "We put RV antifreeze...."
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

There is a slight chance that might be what I meant. I'll have to go scroll back and see.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Didn't the man just say that?
Steve
On Dec 9, 7:09am, "Stormin Mormon"

And you drained the pipes, if heat stays off and it gets zero or below for awile even the HW tank can be at risk, but you have Ng so a gen can run the heating system
Stormin Mormon wrote:

why not just turn the heat on?

Because he said the power got shut off. He didn't say why, but based on the information we have (as opposed to "what if...?"), there is no heat available.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

duh, turn the power back on. It's cheaper than a re-plumb.
sewer gases often include methane, its a natural biproduct of rotting stuff in sewer lines.
can cause explosion............
not good
The OP is far better off letting a friend live there for the price of utilities.
vacant homes are often arson targets, and if homeowners wasnt told home was vacant no coverage:(
On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:35:29 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

These days, stealing the copper plumbing to sell for scrap is a big issue with unoccupied homes.
I hope the house will have the copper pipes, when we return. I do know of one family who had that happen late night while the family slept. I know the man in question, and he was a bit crude mouthed when he got up and found he didn't have any water to make his morning cup o'joe. Plus the cost of replacing the pipes.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Could have been both. It was a couple decades ago, and I'm no longer associating with them.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Definitely. I suspect the "reporter" of the story is really into storytelling, to put it politely.

He also says they got a dog some time after the pipes in the cellar came up missing. I've heard of AC units getting stripped while at the curb side. Actually, I've driven past and seen curbside AC with the copper yanked out. And the copper coil from TV sets, those get yanked.
Who can tell?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus