8th largest army in world deploys...

Spot on!

Goddamn Canadians!

Canada is the largest exporter of oil to the US. Somebody needs to impose democracy on their asses!

Same for Nigeria (#2) and Mexico (#3).

Hell, even the perfidious British send us oil!

Obviously, the French are our only true friends.

Reply to
HeyBub

Correct. The US involvement in the Vietnam conflict was concluded by a peace treaty (for which Henry Kissenger was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize).

The last combat troops in Vietnam left more than a year before the country fell.

Reply to
HeyBub

All we have to do to get theirs is mop it up off the beaches.

The French Cananadians?

Reply to
krw

The Taliban do.

Reply to
krw

battle.http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_a1208...>>   FWIW  my dogs love deer meat, it's their favorite.

Deer? Certainly, just look at their big brown eyes. Gotta Kill 'em to save 'em (get them off the roads).

Reply to
krw

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

we DID NOT "lose",we gave up. Even the NVN Generals admit we had them beat,until we gave up. America lost it's will to fight,and fought foolishly by giving in to Political Correctness.We never dealt with Hanoi or Haiphong harbor properly.We really never attacked past the S.Vietnam border,just some lame bombings on "suspected" targets(trees).

BECAUSE of the leftists and their Political Correctness.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

There never had to BE a Vietnam war if the Dulles brothers striped pants set in the State Department had not ignored Ho Chi Minh when he approached the U.S. to be Vietnam's friend against their millennial enemy, China. The U.S. simply ignored this contact from another head of state. "Our" interests were to restore the French colonial regime, and incidentally continue access to strategic minerals. I saw with my own eyes an exhibit in Saigon -- oops, Ho Chi Minh City -- quoted a high-ranking US Official to say that we must stay in Vietnam for the tungsten and other strategic minerals.

Ho Chi Minh was a sophisticated, cultured, much-traveled NATIONALIST, not a COMMUNIST, till he had nowhere else to turn. Was not a good idea to ignore/insult this funny little guy in the black pajamas with the wispy beard, a great admirer of the U.S. He modeled the Vietnamese Constitution after the US Constitution.

Then, of course, we come to the Tonkin Gulf fabricated incident, after the US had sent boats up & down the coast baiting the Vietnamese. It is now on record hat Johnson "agonized" over whether to order attack, knowing full well that he was sending our troops into harm's way on a baldfaced LIE.

Johnson put through some progressive legislation; he cared about the poor. But he is responsible for the deaths of 58,000 American troops and the wounding for life of countless others. There wasn't the same concern for vets that is (too) gradually taking hold because of the current Asian wars. And, if anybody cares, millions of Vietnamese civilians were killed and their country poisoned with Agent Orange. But then, they were only "gooks"!

Santayan said: Those who do not study history are doomed to relive it."

We are reliving it. WMD, Yellow cake. Metal Tubes.

Ten years earlier, our Ambassador to Iraq, April Glaspie was asked by Saddam Hussein what the U.S. would do if he invaded Kuwait. Glaspie replied (on instructions from State Dept; NO ambassador MAKES policy; they convey it) that the U.S. had no policy on the matter. The rest, as they say, is history.

Too bad our children aren't taught read history in school, instead of a sanitized US-centric version. Much of the world outside our shores has figured out that, as Benjamin Franklin famously said: "We must hang together, or we will assuredly hang separately."

HB

There never would have had to BE a Vietnam war if the Dulles brothers striped pants set in the State Department had not ignored Ho Chi Minh when he approached the U.S. to be Vietnam's friend against their millennial enemy, China. The U.S. simply ignored this contact from another head of state. "Our" interests were to restore the French colonial regime, and incidentally continue access to strategic minerals. I saw with my own eyes an exhibit in Saigon -- oops, Ho Chi Minh City -- with words from high-ranking US Official that we must stay in Vietnam for the tungsten and other strategic minerals.

Then, of course, we come to the Tonkin Gulf fabricated incident, after the US had sent boats up & down the coast baiting the Vietnamese. It is now on record hat Johnson "agonized" over whether to order attack, knowing full well that he was sending our troops into harm's way on a baldfaced LIE.

Santayan said: Those who do not study history are doomed to relive it."

WMD, Yellow cake. Metal Tubes. Ten years earlier, our Ambassador to Iraq, April Glaspie was asked by Saddam Hussein what the U.S. would do if he invaded Kuwait. Glaspie replied (on instructions from State Dept; NO ambassador MAKES policy; they convey it) that the U.S. had no policy on the matter. The rest, as they say, is history.

Reply to
Higgs Boson

battle.http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_a1208...>>>   FWIW  my dogs love deer meat, it's their favorite.

The American white tail dear is the most dangerous animal in the world, killing more people than snakes, lions, tigers, rhinos and hippos put together ... in traffic accidents.

In large areas of the US they have become 150 pound rats, far out pacing the ability of he environment to support them. Nature's answer was big cats but the only place that still supports that model is South Florida. We are actually introducing Texas cougars here and calling them "endangered Florida panthers". They have cut down on the deer population and now are now decimating livestock. You can't kill or molest them but the biggest cause of panther deaths is, you guessed it, traffic accidents.

Reply to
gfretwell

Black bears are doing quite well in SW Florida. They are walking around downtown Ft Myers occasionally. Once you get out of town they are all over.

This is a few miles east of my house

see one in the park right at the end of my street now and then.

I just don't think bears really go after deer that often. They are more interested in palmetto berries, air potatoes, road kill and dumpster diving.

Reply to
gfretwell

battle.http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_a1208...>> >>> FWIW my dogs love deer meat, it's their favorite.

...but not as many as that vile chemical, Hydrogen Hydroxide.

Send some of the puddy-tats up here. Our tech was late to work the other day because he ran over one of those rats on US280, and had to sleep the night in his car before he could get help.

Bears? Eating White-Tailed Deer? Harry, you're just too funny!

Reply to
krw

My son in law was the SFWMD land manager for Corkscrew for several years. He came up with those pictures. We had a pretty good sized black bear diving dumpsters behind Lee Memorial for 2 weeks. At first the FWC said it must be a big dog or something until someone sent TV20 cell phone movies of it. It still took them a week to track him down. They found it in a tree on the Ft Myers golf course right there off of Cleveland avenue. Now they are saying there may be one down off of summerlin somewhere. The wild hogs are also pretty thick.down south on Summerlin around health park. They live in the aquatic preserve land that rings the Estero Bay all the way from Summerlin to Bonita Beach Road.

Reply to
gfretwell

Propaganda?

A peace treaty ( Agreement on Ending the War and Restoring Peace in Vietnam ) was signed 27 January 1973.

27 January 1973 - The last American soldier to die in combat in Vietnam, Lt. Col. William B. Nolde, is killed.

29 March 1973 - The last American soldier is removed from Vietnam.

Saigon fell on 30 April 1975.

Reply to
HeyBub

No. They would be tortured in-country.

Reply to
HeyBub

I suppose it is the propaganda that there is such a thing as a non-combat soldier in a war zone.

368 more GI were killed in the peace

AND THEN...

Go to

in 29 mar 73 through 30 apr 75 to see the names.

Expect a similar thing in Iraq and eventually Afghanistan.

Reply to
gfretwell

I think that is a great idea. We should turn a few dozen packs of wolves loose in the North East cities and let those suburban dwellers experience the "thrill of the wild" that they are imposing on people in the west. There are plenty of deer there that need controlling. I have seen deer in downtown Washington DC. I damn near hit 2 on the Whitehurst freeway. I dodged one and the other one jumped over the wall. If I didn't have someplace I had to be I would have driven around to K street, 30 feet below to see if he was OK.

Reply to
gfretwell

battle.http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_a1208...>> >> >>> FWIW my dogs love deer meat, it's their favorite.

krw

There is a trend for people in the urbanized east who have never really seen a wolf in the wild to want to "reintroduce" them out in the west where they tend to eat the livestock, chase kids and generally become a nuisance. I don't have a huge problem with that but I think we should share the joy and turn some loose in Central Park in NYC, Rock Creek Park in DC and the woods outside of Boston.

They are basically big, mean, omnivorous dogs and they would thrive in that environment.

Let everyone have the wolf experience. ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

That was a Democrat. They're getting hungry already.

Reply to
krw

I bet that there are plenty of people in NYC who would rather take their chances with wolves than with the species of predator most commonly found in Central Park today.

Reply to
Larry W

Really ??? How about Maine , NH Conn. Penn. The Carolinas , Ga. Alabama and Florida , ect....Not everybody is in NY/NJ and Mass and even there it's only handguns....California is prime for the taking and as far as I'm concerned they can have it...We'll stop them at the Rockies...LOL..

Reply to
benick