Subject Author Posted Replies

Adjusting an atomizer circuit
I've bought an atomizer circuit and "speaker", which appears to want a water depth of 1cm. However the tank/valve I have produces 2cm depth. Is there a way to change the electronics to make it vibrate...
19
19

Deteriorated garage door
This is the side door, for humans, not the main door for cars. There is water damage near the bottom: the bottom rail is still intact and in good shape. The part that's coming apart appears to be just...
21
21

recall - wall beds
safety recall - wall beds - - if not installed properly, might fail & hurt you. was surprised at the number of these sold in Canada - 53000 - ! John T.
6
6

3.5mm audio jack
I wish Radio Shack was still around. I want to make a few standard 3.5mm audio extension cables. I can find on Amazon TRS 3-pole male/female solder connectors. That's what I need for my current...
3
3

Well that's a new one
A 1 second powercut managed to crash my soldering iron!
14
14

OT: Your Post Office at Work
About two weeks ago, I got an email from the USPS seeking my participation in a postal service improvement project. It involved filling out a lengthy survey online and then keeping a mail diary for a...
5
5

Weil Mclain Gas Boiler Problem
Weil Mclain Gas Boiler Problem The cast iron heat exchanger in my Weil gas boiler has developed a large hole in it. It is leaking condensation to the bottom of the boiler case. The bottom of the...
5
5

Gas burner doesn't start, then gives big poof
A friend I'm visiting has a European Metz gas stove. Everything worked fine and 3 of her burners still work fine but after she washed the burners, the big one doesn't work right. The burner looks...
4
4

220 Volt kitchen appliances at Bestbuy
I found several kitchen appliances that use 220 volt at Bestbuy's website. I wonder how people would use them. I know washers and dryers use 4 prone plug for 220 volt. I can't image kitchen appliances...
38
38

Left right, up down survey
Had a conversation about radio controls. Our opinions differ so I want to get other's opinions. Here is the situation. The switch to change stations can be pushed only UP or DOWN The stations are laid...
10
10

OT. Vehicle Efficiency
The author isn't a fan of government regulation. <> A long time ago, Hot Rod magazine — paper and all — published an article called “Caddy Hack.” It was not about web hackers.
63
63

AC disconnect
I have a 30amp 240 volt outside AC disconnect that needs to be replaced. Its 30 years old. I can't find one to buy. But I can find a 60amp 240 v disconnect. Can I use that or does it have to stay at...
6
6

RV campground wi-fi & cellular antenna/repeater
Friend uses an RV where campgrounds have varying degrees of wi-fi and cellular signal depending on the campsite chosen. He asked me for advice where I would like to ask GENERAL questions of you. The...
33
33

burning ceder trees
For those burning wood how is ceder for burning in a wood stove ? I have a couple of dead ceders about 8 to 10 inches in diameter and just wonder if I should save the wood for burning. I have a...
4
4

What do you call this branch of treatment?
What would you call the medical specialty or profession, related to sports medicine, but not for injuries, but for improving performance. On other trips, I start out fat and slwo and after a few weeks...
5
5