Gas burner doesn't start, then gives big poof

A friend I'm visiting has a European Metz gas stove. Everything worked fine and 3 of her burners still work fine but after she washed the burners, the big one doesn't work right.

The burner looks spotless, crumbless, dirtless, and totally dry.

The sparking starts immediately but it takes much longer to light than the others, and then there is a big flare. After that, the flame is still bigger than it should be and turning it down doesn't make it smaller until all of sudden it goes out.

The stove is out of warranty, and this is the woman who lives in the sticks, far from repairmen.

I've looked at

none of them seem to apply.

Reply to
micky

Probably got something into the orifice and it needs disassembly and cleaning.

Reply to
trader_4

I wonder if a tip cleaner for an acetylene torch would be of any use.

Dean Hoffman

It wasn't far enough for the men to bring and install the appliances there, so call them and tell them to come back out and look at it.

Reply to
bruce bowser

Reply to
micky