burning ceder trees

For those burning wood how is ceder for burning in a wood stove ?

I have a couple of dead ceders about 8 to 10 inches in diameter and just wonder if I should save the wood for burning. I have a feeling it many be just like pine and burn very quick.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I always mixed it with hard woods and burned in on the hotter side. Easier to do in very cold weather.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Split it fine for kindling. It is very resinous and burns fast, hot, and dirty

Reply to
Clare Snyder

It is like I thought then. Just about like any of the other pine trees. Not really worth messing with except as a starter.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Stop talking about my ex.

Reply to