Left right, up down survey

Had a conversation about radio controls. Our opinions differ so I want to get other's opinions. Here is the situation.

The switch to change stations can be pushed only UP or DOWN

The stations are laid out left to right. 1 2 3 4 5

You are listening to station 2 and want to got o station 4. What is the way you think the button should go, up or down to move it to the right.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Up. The first floor is at ground level.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Down. Just because it feels right.

What happens when it gets to 6? Does it automatically circle back to 1 or do you have to throw the radio away?

Reply to
The Real Bev

6 is the Rap station. Most of us just smash the radio then.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Up, of course.

Reply to
trader_4

Looks like a tie in my unscientific survey. The question came up on the Genesis forum as the G70 radio is a down push on the steering wheel button.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

+1
Reply to
Jim Joyce

Up should be to increase something, such as to go to a higher number.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Some places, the ground floor is 0. No, I don't remember where.

6 is all in your mind. What you think of as 6 is actually 1. Incrementing 5 gives you 1.
Reply to
George E

Up if you think of the stations by frequency, left if you think of them by wavelength?

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Sorry - DOWN id you think in wavelength

Reply to