Subject Author Posted Replies

Blinds manufacturer recommendations...
Hunter Douglas seems to be top o' the heap...and the one we put in the kitchen 10+/- yr ago has been very satisfactory but it was >$600 for just the one small window... Who's top dog in the more...

what type of fitting is this?
I'm using it for electronics, but I see it used to hook around much larger posts. Need to find out what it is called. Thanks. kind of electronics, pray tell? Hose clamp like that would never be...
8
8

microwave keeps blowing fuses
We had a GE microwave that was about twenty years old. Latterly, it started blowing the fuse if i ever ran it with the (gas!) oven on. i figured it had a problem with power consumption. My neighbor...
28
28

Genie Garage Door Opener model 3055 after power outage
Lightning knocked out the transformer providing electricity to our house. Since then, we have no power to the garage door opener. The receptacle has electricity, but nothing on the opener works—not...
4
4

what type of fitting is this?
I'm using it for electronics, but I see it used to hook around much larger posts. Need to find out what it is called. Thanks. https://i.imgur.com/q8Us848.jpg https://i.imgur.com/q8Us848.jpg...
11
11

OT: Does Tire Rotation Include Tightening Lug Nuts?
If a tire shop has done anything with my tires, I drive home and untighten them. Seriously. If the Hulk tightened the nuts I may need the impact driver to loosen and retighten them to a proper torque,...
16
16

Simple, inexpensive ladder for treehouse
First, I'm so pleased to see that this group is still active :-) Some years ago, I built a small tree house in the woods between 3 trees growing close together. Well, it's more of a platform really...
19
19

Heat pump SEER rating
Why can't I find a heat pump with a good SEER rating? The USA has a law stating 13 minimum. Yet here in the UK, I looked at Panasonic and they're all 7 to 11!
167
167

Just something a little different...
This is something I've been tinkering around with as time allows. I'm going to build a jacobs ladder with it.. I do not by any means claim to be the first to do this, but the circuit you see in...
1
1

Sourcing old/obsolete breakers?
From your vague description it sounds like a QOT1515CP breaker QO 2-15 Amp one-pole Tandem circuit breaker | Plug-on design, easy to install | Compatible with QO load centers, CSED's and NQOD panel...
17
17

Anyone know if and where I can buy a water distiller that can dispense cold water?
Anyone know if and where I can buy a water distiller that can dispense cold water?
6
6

OT: American Express Card Strips Benefits
Myself, I carry a Cabela's master card that gives cash back for items in their store. I never worry about interest charges or other fees as I pay it fully off at the end of the month. My wife has...
10
10

10' X 20' steel frame Canopy
Need new roof

Wasted garage ceiling height
I was just thinking about the wasted space in my garage. The ceiling is slightly over 10ft but the garage doors are 7ft tall. The garage door rails hang down at the 7ft level so that is the height...
37
37

Expensive shack. $225 million
<> Financier Gary Winnick's 40,000-square-foot trophy perched above the Bel-Air Country Club is listing at a lofty price amid a mega-mansion glut in Southern California. Financier Gary Winnick's...
2
2