Pedestrian Bridge Collapse Over SW 8th Street HWY18MH009

Who made the decision to retention the steel rods entrust member? If I saw pronounced cracking like that I would stop doing anything.

Reply to
akan626712

That was a clusterfuck of errors from the design to collapse. Probably a couple of people should go to jail for negligence.

Given the potential for problems, traffic should have been stopped during the retensioning, but maybe after the cracks were growing they should have taken other steps beforehand, like taking it down.

More info here'

Ed Pawlowski