OT what does k meana?

OT In semi-social media, what does K mean?

It's the entire text of some replies.

Wikipedia gives no appropriate choice.

Reply to
micky

It's half of a racist white power symbol. Use it with caution.

Reply to
rbowman

okay?

Reply to
badgolferman

invalid unparseable

Interesting article. I wondered what all of those bald guys meant with "KKK".

Rachel says "kautious, kareful, and kind"

Who knew?

Reply to
gfretwell

A lazy-assed text abbreviation for "OK"???

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Apparently so. Two letters is too much for some.

Thanks, and thanks golfer.

Reply to
micky

It is not just one letter. Going back to the old flip phones you did not have a qwerty keyboard, just the 10 digit dial setup. The o and the k are on different numbers and it would be 7 key presses to type the two letters. 5 is JKL and 6 is MNO Short cuts were a big help. bt u gt it nw

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hey Hey ! What do you mean "going back " ? ! My ~ 10 year old Nokia flip is still going strong ! Original battery still holds charge for a week or better. It's been dropped on the sidewalk/parking lot 5 or 6 times. Service costs me $ 100. per year with texting, voicemail, call display, etc And - they have just released a new 4G version :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Which is why I never text...

Reply to
rbowman

I've become fairly efficient with the button-texting - even with my limited use of the short-cut-code - and most texts are only a few words. While the rest of the world seems super-glued to their smart-phones, I have no problem leaving mine in my pocket or in the car . John T.

Reply to
hubops

I seldom have mine although since I have been the driver for my FIL I do carry it a little more. I have still never texted nor do I have the mailbox set up for that phone. It would be write only storage anyway. I spent 35 years being instantly available pretty much 24/7 (Beeper and then a Portable Terminal after 1Q85) . Once I retired I like being out of pocket. Leave a message on my old answering machine at the house.

"If you want my wife, call her cell phone. If you want me, leave a message. I will get back to you, if this is a real emergency hang up and dial 911".

Reply to
gfretwell

Yes, I gt it nw. Your answer makes a lot of sense. It's interesting that I never saw k before a couple days ago.

Very nice, and small

Reply to
micky

Just like my LG Tracfone with $100 year service. I could get a smart phone with data for $25 more but I like carrying the small flip phone which fits in a shirt pocket. It Blue Tooths to car so I can talk on phone hands free. I've never texted.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Me neither, unless I'm planning to talk while i'm out, or expecting a call.

Though it suddenly dawned on me that I've been relying on the phone to display my car insurance card, so I won't have to remember to change it every 6 months, and yet I usually don't have the phone. I'm going to have to go back to paper.

I would never do that but I have a friend who doesn't answer the phone, but she does get back to me quickly if I text her. With a smartphone You can turn on -- don't know the name but it suggests words that you might want next and it's quite good at that, so you only have to tap 2 letters and it will suggest 4 words you might be planning on typing, and after a word, 4 words that might come next. It makes texting go quicker. In fact iirc I only have to tap 2 letters and my whole, previous 4 word message is suggested. So it's not so bad.

It's also good when the other party might be sleeping, although email is quieter and works almost as well.

Mine says "I can go weeks without playing my messages, so don't leave one unless I'm expecting you to call."

Reply to
micky

I've got a flip phone that I carry around in a 'Doctors Without Borders' freebie bag. Sometimes I remember it. The only time I carry it on my person is if I'm expecting a call.

Reply to
rbowman

"the chances of the Nokia 2720 Flip making it to American shores any time soon seem slim"

I'll never know.

Reply to
rbowman