ALOA? What a clusterf**k!!!!

Well, I've been waiting for a masterkeying manual for 2 months now. Tried logging in at the site-I don't know how many damn times I have to change the damn login. I've sent emails and gotten auto-responses-" they are sick(ill)" I'm sick too. sick of this shit.

I called about my order. After I gave the guy my name and number several times-finally-"Oh yeah, it's on back order." No idea when it gets there.

PRP sittings-I get the word a week before-I went years without getting any at all.

Oh yeah and the local chapter? I pay 40.00 a year to have two people jumping my ass at the same time because I don't charge 65.00 to open a car locally.

I could spend 155.00 a year alot better than that.

not good mood.

goma.

Reply to
goma865

Yes , ALOA has done it again, They have screwed the membership again

NASTF information. What do we pay dues for? They raised the dues a few years back for ' legislative action" fees .. now they just bail

I think it is time for All of the ALOA elected officcials to do the right thing and resign ,

Reply to
Keyman55

The only way that will happen is if some of those who are still spending money on membership put themselves forward as candidates and convince people that they can do the job better.

Take your pick. You can quit and let the organization die, or you can get involved in changing it. Either's defendable.

(Me? I've been putting off joining until I'm ready to get serious about the PRP, and it looks like that will be a while.)

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

That's like volunteering for the job as captain on the Titanic......after it's hit the iceberg.

Locksmithing is a dead career.

Why? So you can add a couple of letters to your business card?

When I'm looking for a neurologist I interview them, look at education, schooling and certification and the letters after the good doctor's name are important to me.

When I'm looking for a locksmith I...... well I don't..... look for a locksmith that is. I go to a big box center...

Why waste money on some butcher that can barely read, brush his teeth and wash his van once in a while?

I went to the MLANJ show a couple of years ago and when I got home the stench on my clothes was so bad from mingling with locksmiths, most of whom have never heard of soap, that I had to burn my cloths.

Oh, why was *I* there? I run a multimedia consulting firm and I provided sound systems and models (ladies for you slow types) so the coporate suits could run their demos.

I'll never forget this one slimeball from U.S. Lock....the dirtbag was wearing a cheap suit and stank of booze at 11am...

So whoTF cares about a waste of money and time like the PRP? Maybe another locksmith hiring you, but that's about it.

The only people getting fat on the PRP and all the other junk ALOA fences (books, videos, secret decoder rings) are the leaders of AOLA selling all this junk to noob smiths.

It's like Foley Belsaw and others. They lose money on the course but they make it up selling idiot smiths' tools, books and supplies to get their shops going.

Locksmithing = joke...

Reply to
doosey

doosey wrote: > Locksmithing is a dead career.

And you're a troll. Plonk.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman

No, he is a locksmithing home study course failure.....

Reply to
cornytheclown

Nobody fails those courses. Reading this and other locksmithing fora (ie:clearstar) is proof positive of that.

Do you think this guy would ever let you down?

Now this man is a Locksmith!

He has his diploma and professional set of tools!

Just look at those files! You can buy better stuff at "Dollar Heaven". Then again, any course that teaches you how to smoke a key blank can't be all that bad. I've heard about locksmiths shooting blanks, but never heard of one smoking a blank.

FWIW Locksmiths shooting blanks is natures way of preventing them from procreating and poisoning the gene pool.

Reply to
doosey