Ping: Al

Would you mind sharing who Millie is? *G*! I saw you registered 5 orchids with Millie in the name. A friend of mine uses Tamara in his names. I cracked up when I found out it was his cat. I suppose its a reward for not chewing their leaves...

K Barrett

Reply to
K Barrett

There must be over a dozen at this point with Millie in the name. But I can't say who (or what) she is. Nor would I want to see you crack up so close to the holidays. I am using the pattern "Millie's adjective noun" for grexes I have made, although there are exceptions.

There's a whole bunch of "Bette's" too; like Bette's Fay Wilson, Bette's Alabama Brent, Bette's Dallas O'Mara, etc. These are movie roles Bette Davis played when she was alive. Don't think she has done anything recently. I have only seen about 3 movies with her in them that I can think of, but she played 64 named characters in movies during her career. I am using this group to name grexes I did not make but was given permission to register for one reason or another. Although there are exceptions. I am saving some of the real famous ones for Oscar winning plants....if any....not that it is possible to actually reserve names, anyone can use them...

I did a string of Rex Stout Characters; but I got tired of it. There is an Inspector Cramer. A Purley Stebbins. An Archie Goodwin. A Theodore Horstmann. A Fritz Brenner. A Sally Colt. And a Lily Rowan. There is a Nero Wolfe too, but George Vasquez beat me too it. And he has never even read a Rex Stout novel, or so he said when I asked at an IPA years ago. I was toying with the idea of naming all the criminals Wolfe fingered, but like I said, I got tired of it.

For what it's worth, there is a host of odd groups of orchid names hidden in the database. Somebody is (or was) slowly naming orchids after character's in "Lord of the Rings", it has been going on years. Mostly elves, IIRC.

Reply to
al

Okay, Al...'fess up. I've only asked you about three times who the h*ll Millie is. I have a couple of Bettes and a Purley Stebbins, but I don't want to bite the grass without knowing who Millie is. I bet it's your mom... :-)

Reka

Reply to
Reka

Actually my mom's name is Shirley, as in from the KJV of the bible, "Shirley, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life..." ...you can run but you can not hide...

Please d>> There must be over a dozen at this point with Millie in the name. But I

Reply to
al

Aha! I knew there was method to your madness. But is it 'can't' say, or 'won't' say?

That's OK, I'll bide my time. Eventually you'll talk. Every one talks in the end.

K Barrett

Reply to
K Barrett

madness without method is just insanity. "can't say" as in "don't know" OR "can't say" as in 'not allowed" There are other options.

Reply to
al