Meet Miss Lucy

Last February when I went to the Northwest Flower & Garden Show I swore I would stick to my list: one pack of Moonflower seeds and new pair of shears that would be small and a good fit for my hands. I'd gone to this show since the first and always went with firm resolve to not get carried away. I usually need to hire a sherpa to lug purchases home. Since I no longer have my large garden and have had to downsize to a 5'X7' balcony it's even more important to stick to the plan, or at least try. I didn't this February, too. *snort* I found some perfect small garden shears at Smith & Hawkins, I got my Moonflower seeds, also picked up a bag of lavender and had Ciscoe autograph his book I got two years ago. My son's mother in law bought me a set of copper toadstools to tuck into my little garden for my birthday present. After six hours I'm still doing pretty well. I'm not taking home more than will fit in my small bag. Then I saw *HER*. The bulbs were (to me) expensive, $40.00 for the bag of 3 (and they didn't sell singles) but they were very large healthy looking bulbs. To hell with the list, to the hell with the budget. I needed to have Miss Lucy and I don't regret it for a minute. I kept two of the bulbs and gave one to a friend who just lost his beloved old cat of 20 years, her name was Lucy. I had to plant Miss Lucy in a pot with some hostas but she seems quite happy. I am very pleased.

If you like lilies this is a must have. The scent from this lily is just knock-your-socks-off amazing. She grows in front of my bedroom window and next to the slider to the living room and my apartment is filled with her lovely scent. It's the first thing commented on when people come in or even just stand at my hall door. The scent literally draws them through the apartment to seek the source and she's such a stunning beauty. Meet Miss Lucy a very fragrant, double, ruffled oriental lily.

Val

Link didn't work, but I googled for it and WOW!

Cheryl Isaak

It is a very definite WOW. Try this link

, don't know why the other didn't work.

Reply to
Val

If you hadn't told me it was a lily, I'd have thought it was a clematis!

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak