Need Plant ID

Unknown Plant folder.

Billy

In message , Billy writes

identified?

2) Looks like Lychnis coronaria (rose campion) 3/5) The daisy in the foreground might Silybum marianum; is that a Helianthus behind it? 4) Canna? 6/7) I presume that this is an Echinacea 8 9/10) I won't argue with the Centranthus and Solidago.
Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Looks like borage and onion perhaps Egyptian walking onion.

Young coneflower.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

Looks rather nettle-ish.

Maybe hemp-nettle? Were there any blooming parts on those green bud-clusters? Are the stems square?

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

The unknown plants are pictured in the folder "Unknown Plant".

Reply to
Billy

I'll breakout the tripod today and try to get some clearer shots.

Reply to
Billy

In message , Billy writes

Does it show up in some browsers? With this hint I find it under albums.

The first two photographs look like Urtica urens (small, dwarf or annual nettle). The third is a willow herb - I can't guarantee being able to identify the species even if I could see the details of the flowers.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Plant #3 has a basil ist look look to it. 1 and 2 a strawberry feel. Not very helpful I am sure.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

The third is a willow herb -

appears similiar to our Fireweed here in WA State.

Reply to
gunner

In message , gunner writes

It's not fireweed (Chamaerion angustifolium), nor great willowherb (Epilobium hirsutum). Fringed (or American) willow herb (Epilobium ciliatum) seems a plausible identification, but there are 44 species present in North America fide USDA.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

leaves are much more serrated. Steve

Reply to
Steve Peek

I agree

It looks like the bloom on the multiclustered plant are petal-less. Yes, it has a square stem with a groove running lengthwise down the middle of it.

Reply to
Billy

Yes, I know it is not, CA is not known to have Fireweed.

Reply to
gunner

:-)) I was having trouble figuring out which plant he wanted identified too. I think we've done the others in the past so I too wondered if it was the nettle.

I thought stinging nettle but the pic wasn't really clear to me.

Reply to
FarmI