ID this plant?

Hope this goes through - am having hard time uploading pix:

[IMG]

or maybe

???

This is So. Calif coastal.

TIA

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Could be Colletia armata.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Thanks. I checked it out, but doesn't look the same.

Anybody else?

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Still hoping... anybody new to thread?

TIA

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Has it ever flowered?

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

(Usual reminder: This is So. Calif coastal)

Tx for followup.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Try other Colletias, such as hystrix or spartioides.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

VICTORY! The wonderful plant sales mgr. at the Huntington sent me this link:

So: Coreopsis gigantica.

I remember it had yellow flowers before I moved it from the ground to the large porch planter (which I built in woodshop eons ago -- my greatest achievement!!) No blooms so far, in its supposed flowering period, but maybe still recovering?

Judging from link, it will have to go back into the ground somewhere, as it seems too much, long-run for a planter. Somewhere less conspicuous, probably, as link says it goes brown between seasons.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Whoah, so I was on the right track. My reason for asking the question: I suspected something in the Asteraceae.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz