Lonely...

About this time of year, this NG goes into its burrow and hibernates till Spring.

Anybody know of a garden NG that specializes in my zone? So. Calif. coastal - 8 or 24.

TIA

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

OK I am in North Carolina but I miss everyone too. I have a green house and an Aero garden. I am always growing something. We were out of town for a few days and the fing deer ate every leaf on my roses. I have parsley and basil right now and I just spent 2 hours frying eggplant. There are half a dozen tomatoes in the green house and more coming. I have lettuce and have started cucumbers and peppers just on a whim. What the hell they are only seeds.

Reply to
mj

I'm here all year long.

Reply to
David E. Ross

busy times for me here to write much, but i read along.

my list of fall garden projects is always full right up until the ground freezes.

just finished the soybean harvest, still have to sort, dry and shell (good rainy day projects).

pulling the rest of the beets today.

haven't looked at the peas lately, but could probably pick some if i get a chance and remember to do it. same with the butter beans.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

The sad fact is that even in "hibernation" this NG is the most active of any I subscribe to (some 25). Usenet is in decline; perhaps a forum would do better, but I think not.

My own sad fact is that I have too little sun and water to do much gardening. But, I get more of both in the winter after the leaves fall and the rains come.

I think we are all still here in the winter. Cold season plants anyone?

Jeff

**Yes, indeed - and greatly valued for your good counsel. Also you understand the difference between our microclimates.

I thought there are -- or used to be? -- garden groups specifically for So. Calif. coastal. Have looked, but no luck.

Anybody?

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson