Bottlebrush - after bloom?

After bloom, how should I deadhead - or should I?

This is a healthy, vigorous plant that produces beautiful blooms. I haven't had a bottlebrush for decades, since my friend's dog ripped up my plant, so I've forgotten how to deal with the blooms.

Cut back? How far?

This Australian Website

informative, but having perused the "Bottlebrush as Garden Plants" and "Pruning"sections, I'm still unsure.

Any real world experience out there? Taking into consideration that I'm Zone 24/8 -- So. Calif Coastal.

TIA

Reply to
Persephone