Mystery plant id anyone help?

I have this image of an unknown plant and wondered if anyone had any ideas of what it is?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ren

Reply to
Ren

"Arboris Invisibilis"

HTH, as would a link to the image. ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

NOTE: Most news servers block or strip away attachments. Put the image on a Web site and give us the link.

Reply to
David E. Ross

I have this image of an unknown plant and wondered if anyone had any ideas of what it is?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ren

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: plant unknown.jpg | |Download:
Ren

Sorry for the omission of the image!

Iit seems the image wasn't uploaded. Here it is again.

link to flickr

image url
Ren

Ren

I cannot tell as the image is too small and monchrome. Any additional data would help. How big it is and what is its habit? How much of the thing are we looking at here? What are the odd disjointed looking "legs" underneath? What is the bark of the trunk like? What are the flowers like? Where is it growing now? Where do you think it came from?

I have seen leaves like that on both acacias and eucalyptus and I would guess they are found on other genera too. If it is one of those two final identification could be quite tricky as there are 100s of species of each and some are very similar. Sometimes it takes an expert to determine small details of seed pods etc to get a positive ID.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

But I get the impression it might be:

Sasa pygmaea (Also known as Pleioblastus pygmaeus or Arundinaria pygmaea)

Goes by the common English name of Pygmy Bamboo.

But that's only a guess.

Pat Kiewicz