Subject Author Posted Replies

OSB for Shed Siding (?)
Is OSB a good choice for exterior shed siding (painted)?
5
5

Using "Damp Rid" (calcium chloride) chemical dehumidifier
I have a small (5ft x 5ft x 5ft) "cold room" vault accessed from my basement. It's outside the envelope of the house (under 6" of dirt above too) except for the door from the basement. It's where the...
2
2

basement washer drain goes up
My son bought a house and in moving the cloths washer is in the basement. In the house about 4 or 5 feet off the floor is what looks like a PVC back flow prevernter.We are thinking that the washer...
9
9

Re: Plastic insert in drain of cultured marble lavatory (2023 Update)
I took the plastic insert out (busted up) and would like to replace, any suggestions where to get a new one?
1
1

Shopping online at HD.
An interesting Home Depot story, well maybe. Ordered a couple things last night at 1AM. I figured the store is quiet at 6AM when they open and there was a good chance they'd get my two things and put...

Old TV caused village broadband outages for 18 months
Old TV caused village broadband outages for 18 months Every morning at 7am when the second hand TV was switched on, the village internet went down. Every morning at 7am when the second hand TV was...
9
9

Easiest Way To Winterize Or Store A Weed Eater - Video
By Steve's Small Engine Saloon I have a video in my playlists on winterizing 2-stroke engines already. Watch it here if you like-- https://youtu.be/FEmT8qUoD0E Since I published that video I have...
2
2

nail nomenclature
Why does Home Depot label their 2" galvanized nails as Grip-Rite #11-1/2 x 2 in. 6-Penny Hot-Galvanized Steel Common Nails (1 lb.-Pack) What is 11-1/2? Or what is 1/2? It's x 2 in so it seems like...
2
2

Seeking self-contained outdoor cameras to catch contractor dumping on my property
Hi, I inherited a wooded property in the north east and Ive started doing some work there but its still vacant. Noticed some junk had been dumped along a strip near the road, but which is not really...
25
25

Best vs Cost Gaming, Back-lit keyboard ?
Hello, I am shopping for a new keyboard and fond some keyboards by the company named AULA. Would like to have the following features: Gaming series, hardwired, Mechanical, Back-lit w/multi-color...
10
10

Re: Fiber reinforced stucco mix?
hi, I used q bond 20 years ago to fix a 120 yr old cabin that was built into a hillside, the hillside was trying to retake the house. Qbond was excellant...people told me you couldn't rebuild from the...

Plastic Water barrel
I have a 50 gal plastic barrel that I fill 2/3 with water, to use in case of a water outage. I would like to keep it from freezing this winter (it's in my garage, which isn't insulated). I bought a...
8
8

OT Auto Tool to remove bulbs
Do t hey mke a tool for disconnecting headlights, etc. The ones like in Toyota where you have to squeeze a tab on the harness and pull out bulb-connector. Something like a pair of pliers. I'rve done...
10
10

How can these cost $68?
How can these cost $68? There just little metal? rings. What are they? They come in several colors, but are shown on different pages. I don't know if they are specific to my 2005 Toyota Solara fog...
24
24

Good page about jigsaws
Good page: Choose the right tooth count for the cuts you make.