OT Auto Tool to remove bulbs

Do t hey mke a tool for disconnecting headlights, etc.

The ones like in Toyota where you have to squeeze a tab on the harness and pull out bulb-connector.

Something like a pair of pliers.

I'rve done both my headlights without much trouble, but the fog light seems impossible to release, or at least release and pull out the bulb?

Reply to
micky

It depends on the design but sometimes you can wedge a small screwdriver behind the tab to hold it open while you pull out the cable. The right plier works too.

Reply to
gfretwell

Followed by: SNAP....."Dammit!!"

Reply to
Wade Garrett

That is where skill comes in. I have been pulling this type of plug for 50 years. You just pry it out enough to clear the tab on the receptacle, not bend it until it breaks. OTOH, since these are so hard to get loose in the first place, the locking tab is probably not necessary anyway.

Reply to
gfretwell

Those dental tools you often see on the counter at hardware stores are handy for stuff like that.

Reply to
rbowman

At dental visits, I ask if they have any worn out or broken tools in their scrap box that I could have. Over the years, I've accumulated bunches of them- every imaginable size, shape, configuration. No matter what the job, I've got a tool with just about a custom fit!

Reply to
Wade Garrett

That's a good idea. I wish I had started decades ago. (Now I'm supposed to be getting rid of things.) I do have a dental pick, and a plastic version of their mirror that I bought.

I should have a dentist appointment soon. I don't like it. I've been trying to figure out some way he can work on my teeth without getting so close to me, and without my taking my mask off.

Reply to
micky

D-I-Y Laser-Robo-Dentistry ...

.. coming soon to an arcade near you.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Will that be perfected by the dentist that pulled a tooth while standing on a hoverboard? Think I'll take my chances with my flesh and blood dentist.

Reply to
rbowman

That sounds good. I'm sure there's a model that works at home.

Reply to
micky