Old TV caused village broadband outages for 18 months

Internet: Old TV caused village broadband outages for 18 months

Reply to
micky

Err, not so fast...

Reply to
danny burstein

You know more? Please tell us.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

This was not cable, it was the radio wave network.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I had read some additional reports that said that, no, the problem was NOT cleared after the tv was removed, and that the area was therefore being pushed to the front of the line for a fibre optic and 802.[whatever-the-latest-is] upgrade.

I'm afraid I can't track it down. Sorry

Reply to
danny burstein

I just picked the first article about a village in Wales having internet problems. But on the radio, that stupid show Wait, Wait... it did say community wifi and I'm sure wifi was mentioned elsewhere, so I'm sure that's where the other people in this thread got it.

I still think I got the right village, but maybe not.

I only posted because it was technical and strange sounding. I'm not as interested in dumping on the UK as Bod is in dumping on the US.

Reply to
micky

Ok, the ASDL is not RF over the air, but through the telephone lines.

Those lines are not shielded like the cable TV lines usually are. Just plain old open telephone wire. So they could very easily pick up a strong RF signal like the TV set was probably sending out.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

a couple news stories refer to Wi-Fi

Anonymous