Best vs Cost Gaming, Back-lit keyboard ?

Hello,

I am shopping for a new keyboard and fond some keyboards by the company named AULA. Would like to have the following features: Gaming series, hardwired, Mechanical, Back-lit w/multi-color options, looks cool ....

Searching for Aula I found the following site, states that it lists the best Aula keyboards, but only shows one Aula K.B. in the list. What am I missing ? Are all those K.B.s in the list manufactured by Aula ? You can see the review here.

I see about 4 different keyboards online that all look the same and match the same specs. Are they all the same keyboards with different names ?, or are they one offs/look-a-likes ?

  1. Alua-Crossfire II
  2. Beastron
  3. ReDragon
  4. ...

Yes !, if it came w/matching mouse that would be nice as well.

Reply to
Eli Sidwell

I just bought a Logitech G815. They make mice too.

The RGB on the G815 keyboard is cool, but I don't think I could stand the color wave stuff for long. I set all the keys to blue except the big letter G (the logo light). That I keep off unless I have unread email when it turns pink.

The feel of the keys is great.

What led me to the G815 is that most LED (and RGB) keyboards leak light around the keys. I wanted the light to come only thru the letters on the keys. A normal cherry switch doesn't allow for the light to be up inside the key, hence the light leakage. Logitech designed it's own keys to get the light up inside the key.

Another interesting feature of the keyboard is it's thinner than most keyboards. Not a big thing, but as you requested, it looks cool.

Reply to
Dan Espen

I have the Logitech K800 on this machine and the Amazon lighted kbd on ther one in the shop. They do leak light around the keys but not enough to distract me. Both seem pretty tough

Reply to
gfretwell

I know Logitech makes nice stuff, why is it 2x+ the price of the other stuff that you find out there ? Thanks for the replies

Reply to
Eli Sidwell

Most mechanical keyboards are in the 125 range. Add LED lights, 150. Add RGB and you're in Logitech G815 land.

The RGB keyboards that bleed light all over are a waste of money in my opinion.

For a while they were out of production and running $300. I got mine at $200. I just did a search and I see Walmart at $139 but it's renewed.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Does the back-lit feature go out when the system sleeps ? Like the mice do ?

Reply to
Eli Sidwell

I recently bought an Asus Swift 3 laptop with a lighted keyboard. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off fast enough. It might be okay in the dark but it really sucked with normal room illumination.

Right now I'm typing on a Logitech K380. It will pair up with three different Bluetooth devices so it works with the desktop and laptop. I haven't tried it with the Android phone yet.

Reply to
rbowman

I'm using a Logitech mouse and keyboard. Both are multi-device Bluetooth. The mouse was $30 and the keyboard $36. I suppose I could find something at half the price but saving $15 on something that might last 5 years or more isn't a high priority for me. I'll skip one $3 double Americano every year.

Reply to
rbowman

Not on my system. I'm running Fedora Linux.

Reply to
Dan Espen

The K-800 is $160 on Amazon. I like the Logitech stuff because one dongle will run a bunch of different stuff.The M325 mouse has become the standard here and I have a bunch of them. They work great as your TV PC mouse since the range on all of that stuff is 30 feet. If a PC is your streaming device, you can run it from your LaZboy. One works all the way across the pool for my jukebox machine.

Reply to
gfretwell

The Logitech times out if you stop typing for a while but just bumping the keyboard anywhere turns it back on. It makes battery life pretty good.

Reply to
gfretwell