Latest threads in Fruit and Vegetable Gardeningshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Microbial-Inoculant?
Any comments? * THE #1 ALL-NATURAL ORGANIC PROBIOTIC FOR YOUR PLANTS & SOIL is finally here to improve texture and drainage for soils, while promoting growth for your plants, flowers, trees, shrubs,...
1
1

all through the house...
it smells like cookies again. :) not that i need to eat any more... hope everyone has a great holiday and enjoys the time with themselves, friends, family, and even strangers. i guess the veggie...
10
10

mid-winter groupings
of beans. :) i've been out of containers i need to use to sort the past few weeks. finally got some more today. i hope i have enough or i will have to start taking extreme measures (consolidating or...

for songbird
These folks have over 80 varieties of heirloom beans. Interesting to look at even if you are not buying. Steve We have many varieties of Appalachian heirloom bean seed.
3
3

bean sorting
my favorite time of the year. :) this is a new bean i'm calling Lemon Slice... songbird http://www.anthive.com/img/beans/thm/pb170012_Lemon_Slice_thm.jpg
1
1

Blueberries
  Picked up a couple of plants yesterday , and am pretty sure we're going to have to make the soil more acidic for them . Planting area was formerly oak/mixed hardwood forest . It's been recommended...
5
5

What to do with old tomato vines?
Plow them under or toss in the trash bin?
4
4

minerals?
Hi All, I do realize that plant will only uptake minerals from the soil if the mineral is there to start with. My mineral content is mainly silicon in the form of rocks. Not all that useful to the...
6
6

Scallions (green onions) question
Hi All, I am putting together my layout for next year's garden. I am thinking of growing Scallions (green onions) with the intent of harvesting off the greens for salads. Can I just harvest the tops?...
5
5

hard freeze Thurs
Hard freeze predicted for Thursday night (30F). So everything gets picked Wednesday. The zukes have already started to give it up about two weeks ago, so this will put them out for good. The yellow...
9
9

Pork roast
What about removing fat from pork roast and giving a burst in microwave to remove moisture then replacing on roast before slow cooking?
1
1

Pretty Picture
Hi All, This is an Anaheim Pepper. I waited three weeks to get this picture. I call the picture "Fire and Ice": :-) -T Yes, they were very yummy! Yes, I cheated and misted the plant before taking the...
4
4

Identifying a Dead Conifer to Replace
Hi, I have been asked to replace a dead conifer as photographed. Problem is I am not completely sure what the dead one is. I think it's possibly Thuja Orientalis or Chamaecyparis Lawsonia but not...
1
1

Sevin
This is time of year I spray my chestnuts to protect them from the chestnut weevil. Carbaryl is the only recommended pesticide for this weevil. Now I find that Sevin has been reformulated and does not...

zukes, old growth question?
Hi All, The old growth on my zukes are dying off. Should I cut them off or just let nature take its course? Will the open tubes open the plant to infection/bugs? Many thanks, -T Tony Ewell, B.S.E.E....
2
2