Pretty Picture

Hi All,

This is an Anaheim Pepper. I waited three weeks to get this picture.

I call the picture "Fire and Ice":

:-)

-T

Yes, they were very yummy!

Yes, I cheated and misted the plant before taking the picture.

yummy!

Reply to
Muggles

they very hot?

starting to get cold at night here. just had some rains so we should be good for a week.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I little bit. I can eat them straight and raw. But only bits at a time. Nice chili flavor. No green bell pepper accents, which I really don't care for.

Here too. My zukes at slowing giving it up. They "say" maybe some rain next week. We need it!

i like red peppers, but i've found out i've become picky about what they taste like. i will eat green peppers at times, but much prefer the red in comparison. we grew six green pepper plants this past season and gave all of them away. next year i'm not growing any because that's a waste of space.

i ate a few dozen of the red peppers i grew this year and didn't much like them and so many were damaged, i gave a lot away and then ditched the rest of the crop.

we haven't pulled the tomato plants out yet, there's a few flowering and a few green tomatoes on them. this late in the season they tend to be thin walled and not very much flavor and they'll easily get rot spots on them if they even make it to getting ripe so we usually have the plants pulled and buried. once the frosts come they're kaput.

i hope so for your sakes. been way too dry out there... we've had plenty this year.

just had the chimney cap repaired and sealed so perhaps have finally got the leak taken care of... we'll see... have had a good hard rain since then and the past few days it's rained off and on. this next week is forecast for rain almost every day.

yesterday i got out and picked most of the dry beans i could find and some that were ready enough to pick anyways. we love shellies from lima beans and i try out various others too if i have enough just to see what they're like. i had a small batch of lima shellies cooked up and everything else shelled in a few hours. not much left out there except a few stubborn plants... the cold hopefully sent them the message to finish up so i can get them harvested before a frost comes along.

songbird

Reply to
songbird