wild tomatillo over winter question

Hi All,

Now that I have grown tomatillo for three years, they love to grow all over the place, but not where I want them. They love to grow up in the middle of my cherry tomato jungle, among other places.

I have also noticed they really, really don't like to be transplanted. I use peat cups. I plant the cups into my pots. Sowing directly is the most successful method.

This years I was thinking that after clearing my ground pots of weeds. Then prepping the six holes I want to grow tomatillos with fertilizer. Then taking some of the fruits that were almost ready when the freeze came, smashing them under foot and covering them with a little dirt on the targeted ground pots to overwinter.

Your thoughts?

Many thanks,

-T

T wrote: ...

use a deeper/longer cell to start them in.

may work ok, but vary the depth of the dirt.

songbird

Reply to
songbird