Plz identify this plant/weed (I think it's tomatillo)

Last year I had some tomatillos planted in the center of a tomato/pepper patch, and I planted them so close together I could not get to the tomatillos. I didn't harvest any from them, and I'm guessing several dozen or more fruits dropped and rotted on the ground. This year, I have in that one area only, hundreds of little plants growing. I thought at first they were weeds, but they only grow in this one area, and now that they are getting bigger, they look very suspicisously like baby tomatillos. Here is a pic:

is a real tomatillo that I planted:

I don't recognize a weed that looks like that - I've started to think that they are indeed tomatillos from last year. And there are literally hundreds and hundreds of them!

Reply to
Ook

"Ook" wrote in news:0fOdnYNpmPaFHvrbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

That's how I got cherry tomatoes the second year after I threw the old plant in my fire pit. By spring there were doezens of baby plants just waiting to be transplanted.

Ditto with pumpkins, too. I cannot get rid of these things.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

On 6/7/07 6:50 AM, in article f48nt1$44d$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com, "FragileWarrior" plant in my fire pit. By spring there were doezens of baby plants just

Tough problem to have ;)

My neighbor had a dog that love graped tomatoes. Things sprung up all over the place.

Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C28D68AB.69D7A% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

But they don't grow where I want them to grow and if I tranplant them (out of the fire pit, for example) then they don't grow at all.

Ew. Don't eat those termatters!

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Since they are still sprouting 3 years after the dog passed, I imagine they are safe enough... C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

"FragileWarrior"

Reply to
Lilah Morgan

"Lilah Morgan" wrote in news:6yV9i.17819$Ut6.997 @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"FragileWarrior"

Reply to
Lilah Morgan

"Lilah Morgan" wrote in news:iW2ai.1984$tb6.58 @newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

No, you need a truck. Possibly a semi. I have a draft horse. He makes LOTS of manure.

Hourly.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"FragileWarrior"

Reply to
Lilah Morgan

Oh thank you, I needed the laugh. It was a crappy day yesterday and today will be as bad.

AND

I dearly wish I knew some one with a horse that would give me manure... C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

well................................. we have 9 horses now and 5 cows......... but we in NC!!!!

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

"Lilah Morgan" wrote in news:6H3ai.1994$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

He's a PMU foal: Shire/Belgiun cross. About 1700# of manure maker. See him here in the HORSES folder:

little horses are just lawn decorations.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Oh FW I enjoyed seeing your horses so much, and also your beautiful deerhounds (dear-hounds?) Thanks Emilie

Reply to
mleblanca

mleblanca wrote in news:1181362419.762305.26780 @g37g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Thanks, Emilie, I like showing them off, too. And my Deerie is my dearie.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"FragileWarrior" him here in the HORSES folder:

Are all those pictures yours? The artifacts/fossils, etc?

Reply to
Lilah Morgan

"Lilah Morgan" wrote in news:52Hai.15254$296.6349 @newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Yep. Good artifact hunting this season. :)

Reply to
FragileWarrior