What is wrong with my peach trees?

Can some kind soul look at these pics and offer their opinion as to what is wrong with my Peach trees, and what I can do about it? I planted them winter before last, and last year they grew great. This year they look pretty bad, and they are barely starting to grow:

Ook

Peach leaf curl. this batch of leaves will fall off, and another batch will come on later in the year.

Better story here than I can tell

Charles

to grow. Is there anything that I can do now, or is it too late?

Reply to
Ook

Just clean up the leaves that fall now, destroy them. Somewhere in my memory it seems like you can spray now, which will kill the leaves that are out, but it's been many years and I can't find my books.

Reply to
Charles

I found a copper based fungicide, but it says to not use once leafs start to grow. I have some calcium polysulfide which can be used in a dilute form once leafs bloom. ...guess I'll watch and see what happens.

Reply to
Ook

Well, as far as making a sweeping generalization from a random sample, I can tell you I had peach leaf curl (curly leaves anyway) last year on my dwarf peach and, had a bumper crop. Go figure. Maybe I get an exemption for living in the land of fruits and nuts. Given up on figuring-out who is who though.

Another warm day in Sonoma County, 82 F. Butter flies all over the verbenas.

- Bill Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

- Bill Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
William Rose

Leaf curl.

You can't do anything about it during the growing season this year. When the trees go dormant, you need to give them three applications of dormant spray.

Reply to
Rudy Canoza

It is recommended that you give at least one good fungicide spray to control this problem. Cleaning up and discarding the leaves is a good practice, as is aggresively thinning the fruit while the problem persists, since there may not be enough leaves left to sustain the fruit and maintain tree health.

Sherw> >

Reply to
sherwindu

Check the following web site for a list of fungicide sprays for this problem:

Sherw> > > >

Reply to
sherwindu

I hope you don't mean 'dormant oil' spray. That would do nothing for Peach Leaf Curl. You need a proper fungicide like Bordeaux mixture to do the job.

Sherw> Ook wrote:

> Leaf curl.

Reply to
sherwindu

someone on the group said in the past "The only effective treatment of peach leaf curl that I have used in fungicide applied during dormancy. Ferbam after leaf drop or just before buds swell. Severely infested trees both fall and late winter applications are recommended, I also use lime and sulphur and dormant oils for other problems but it did not suffice for peach leaf curl."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo

That is the information I keep coming across. I wish I could do something about it now - one tree looks so bad, I don't see how it can survive.

Reply to
Ook