hard freeze Thurs

Hard freeze predicted for Thursday night (30F). So everything gets picked Wednesday.
The zukes have already started to give it up about two weeks ago, so this will put them out for good.
The yellow cherries FINALLY ripened this week. Won't be planting them again next year. Take too long to ripen.
Also time to plant my garlic.
And the cycle starts over again. I have next years garden already planned out.
On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 4:28:11 AM UTC-4, T wrote:

Where are you that you're getting a hard freeze already? Here in the Baltimore area, we have two more days in the upper 70's, then the Thursday thunderstorms bring in the fall weather with high temps in the mid 60's.
Pavel314 wrote: ...

we have patchy frost in the forecast for later this week for the first time.
it's not abnormally late or early. later is always nicer for those bean plants still trying to give me beans to pick or dry beans to save.
songbird
On 10/9/18 7:01 PM, Pavel314 wrote:

During the day, we get up to the 60's too.
Zone 6c
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat8.900503&lon=-119.77734609999999&site=all&smap=1&searchresult=Gardnerville%2C%20NV%2089460%2C%20USA#.Wpg2uuaIb0o
T wrote:

just some cool nights coming now and a chance of frost but nothing certain yet. we'll see...
another week would be nice, but i don't know that we'll get it.
have to pick any beans that might be ready if it will actually get cold enough to frost damage them.

tomato plants got pulled out yesterday.

as in the tree/bush fruit or tomatoes?

yes, that's a good time to do it.

i'm always thinking of what might be happening next. :)
cheers, way too busy these days...
songbird
On 10/10/18 7:15 AM, songbird wrote:

Sorry, yellow cherry tomatoes