What to do with old tomato vines?

Plow them under or toss in the trash bin?
On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 5:57:32 AM UTC-4, T wrote:

Old tomato vines can harbor disease that can over-winter. I suggest burning them or at least get them away from the garden. Steve
T wrote:

i always bury them, any organic matter for my soil is better than none.
yes, we have diseases and bugs, but i rotate plant every year so by the time i get back to the garden where i've buried them it's usually ok.
it doesn't matter what i do for late blight. it shows up every year. which is ok. by the time the season is done we have enough tomatoes put up anyways.
songbird
On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 5:57:32 AM UTC-4, T wrote:

We throw them on the compost pile.
Paul
On 10/20/18 2:57 AM, T wrote:

Thank you all!
I usually do not rotate due to all the preparation involved. So I will be tossing them in the trash bin. (I have no compose bin. I bury in place.)
And I remember digging up stuff that have been buried in place for three years, so I do not do that so much anymore. I just fertilize my ass off. That has worked the best. I use an organic chicken scat based dry fertilizer I get from Wally World.
Weird, avacado pits are still popping out of the ground. from three years ago. Took me forever to figure out what they were.